1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting your gun in the air on New Years ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ysr_racer, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I'm going to Moore-N-Moore. They're going to be open, and they're having free lunch. :)

Have a Happy & Safe New Year!!!

http://www.moorenmoore.com/

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Wanna make some noise?

Really loud blanks are easy!

Simply prime some empty hulls and fill with 2F black powder. Full them up to the level that a normal load would be ...about 190 grains, then crimp.

Be sure to clean the bore with Windex or soapy water when done.

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Thats a good idea! I haven't seen the inside of our city jail yet!

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

We used to shoot black powder blanks when I was a kid. We were really surprised when we found out that the card wad would go through the wood panel in a door (it was an old discarded door).

Jim Skeel

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I lived in Phoenix in 1999 and a guy shot a 45 in the air, it came down a few blocks away and pierced a little girls skull and she died. Think about this before firing live rounds in the air, it can happen

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I don't think I can get away with shooting blackpowder blanks in the backyard anymore without the SWAT team showing up.

7. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

i thought that was a mexican tradition. no wonder they want to come up here it's safer. jackmitch

8. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

BFD....I'll be there, I don't have to worry about the wind blowing me away!

9. BMC

BMC Member

Sure Si, but are you man enough to shoot in the rain? LOL. Better check that forecast.

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Saddam did it all the time - - and look what happened to him.

11. HHS

HHS TS Member

Maybe about 55 years ago my cousin and I were staying at our grandmother house for New Year Eve, she lived on a farm way out of town. We decided to make a lot of noise that night and taped 12ga. shells on the end of our BB guns. Held them over our heads and shot them off. They made a hell of a noise but gave some pretty poor patterns. LOL

12. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

was working myself :eek:(

13. BMC

BMC Member

HHS, that reminds me of one time when I was about 12 or so, and truly a candidate for a Darwin Award. For some reason one day when were in down in the river bottom shooting things, a friend said those often famous last words....I wonder what would happen if.....LOL. Well the wonder was what would happen if we put a shotgun shell crimp first in the ground and stood back a ways and shot the primer with our a BB gun. Well it took me about three or four shots from about 10 feet away before I finally hit that primer. And the result was a BB or the primer flying right back at me at twice the speed and hitting me right in the nuts. I literally thought I'd been shot in the sack. Hurt like a MFer for over a week. And what happened when the shell went off? It just went bang real loud and made a small hole in the ground.
    Stupid kids do stupid things and live to tell about it...lol

14. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Someone beat me to it. Don't the Iraqi's fire AK's into the air for no reason?

Tim

15. HHS

HHS TS Member

Maybe about 55 years ago my cousin and I were staying at our grandmother house for New Year Eve, she lived on a farm way out of town. We decided to make a lot of noise that night and taped 12ga. shells on the end of our BB guns. Held them over our heads and shot them off. They made a hell of a noise but gave some pretty poor patterns. LOL

16. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

was working myself :eek:(

17. BMC

BMC Member

HHS, that reminds me of one time when I was about 12 or so, and truly a candidate for a Darwin Award. For some reason one day when were in down in the river bottom shooting things, a friend said those often famous last words....I wonder what would happen if.....LOL. Well the wonder was what would happen if we put a shotgun shell crimp first in the ground and stood back a ways and shot the primer with our a BB gun. Well it took me about three or four shots from about 10 feet away before I finally hit that primer. And the result was a BB or the primer flying right back at me at twice the speed and hitting me right in the nuts. I literally thought I'd been shot in the sack. Hurt like a MFer for over a week. And what happened when the shell went off? It just went bang real loud and made a small hole in the ground.
    Stupid kids do stupid things and live to tell about it...lol

18. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Someone beat me to it. Don't the Iraqi's fire AK's into the air for no reason?

Tim

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They think they're shooting Americans.

HM

20. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

and I have a cigar on the day of the great american smoke out ! just because !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.