1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting your Grand,but not in Illinois

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1oldtimer, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

How many out there are shooting your Grand this year at somewhere other than Illinois? It doesn't look like I can make it this year. With the Cardinal Classic shoot Aug. 17-21, that will fill my shooting appitite. I'm 100 miles from Cardinal. A relatively easy drive that will cut my overhead down so more shooting will be possible. Clyde

2. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

The one and only Grand American Trapshoot I know of is located in Illinois! Try better bait!

3. GoldTrigger

GoldTrigger Member

quick1, I certainly agree with you on this.

I do understand the whole thing about long travel and costs involved with ANY long trip.

This is just more pot stirring and we are all tired of hearing it.

Go to any shoot you can afford and enjoy it there. Any shooting is better than no shooting.

4. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

5. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Going to Sparta, of course.

I just hope everybody goes out and enjoys themselves.

Wherever that may be.

6. Trapboy1957

Trapboy1957 TS Member

My Mother is taking donations so that I can go. I am a sub sr vet. Jr

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Jr--I like that sub sr vet. LOL

8. brumfield_joe

brumfield_joe TS Member

HAHA I would love to throw out donations! who do I write the check to?

9. twostraight

twostraight Member

Maybe if 1oldtimers mother would take up donations, he could go too.

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Talk about a lame excuse to knock Sparta again. Pitiful, oldtimer.

11. happytrapper

happytrapper TS Member

oldtimer shoot where ever you like but quit trying to make it sound like Sparta is a bad place. The Grand is in Sparta so get over it. You Sparta basher are on here all the time complaining. The real trapshooters on here are getting sick and tired of hearing all of the crying. Just stay home and play the games at your locale clubs. I'm sure no one will miss you I know I won't.

12. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

Very well said happytrapper.........................................

13. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Happytrapper,Sparta is not a bad place. If it was in my back yard,I'm sure I would defend it. I have shot all the Sparta Grands but 1. Not many Ohio shooters can make that statement. Included are 45 Vandalia Grands attendance. Plain & simple, I can't shoot in extreme heat any more. Yes. I've heard it a thousand times,Vandalia got hot also. I have also worn sweatshirts there. Nasty comparisons are senseless. Apples & oranges don't compare. Clyde

14. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

So 1oldtimer - please share with us why you felt compelled to start this. I am happy that I will be able to go to the Grand American again. Why are you so happy to stay home and why should we care?

15. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Clyde, your progressive loss of faculties is beginning to accelerate.

There's no reason for that gratuitous shit.

Bob

16. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

Dreaming about you're grand is like a nightmare. Being at the Grand is the real thing.

17. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Way to reel them in Clyde- you are a master fisherman and baiter.

18. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

While the Grand is in Sparta and only there, the shooting at Cardinal Center is grand. The Grand is not as grand as it once was.

The test will be next year if there is no bribe money involved.

Rock

Jim

19. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Ohio ranked 5th in attendees at the 2010 Grand. What was Illinois' ranking when it was in Ohio?

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The fact is there are many people who choose not to shoot at the Sparta Facility, they do not owe anyone an explaination ... The people who shoot at the WSRC would like everyone to believe that Sparta is the only place in the world where the average everyday shooter can compete against the Best the Sport has to offer and we all know that isn't true ... The Best the Sport has to offer shoot all over the country because thats what they do and because they are good at it, giving the benefit of the doubt that the paychecks don't matter ... People claim that they want to shoot against the best yet do not even when given the chance to because the Best put their money where their mouth is and they play it all ... What would anyone win if they don't have anything to lose other than to say I beat _____ III or ____ on a given day but he got the prize money anyway ... Lessons in life are not free and never will be, you want to compete against the Best put up the money and watch it grow wings ... The bigger shoots are saturated with Top Guns (not the shells) from all over the country because thats where the money is ... The ATA is flooded with Professionals just waiting to take your money and run ... The Amatuer in the name does nothing but take up space and should be changed to avoid confusion and is very misleading at best ... Just my take on it, but think about it ...
    WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.