1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Wobble Trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin77, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

After shooting ATA off and on for many years I have moved to an area that does not have ATA type trap, but has a really nice wobble trap setup with 5 stations set around and over the trap...my question is...what type of gun...I sold my trap gun, but have a sporting gun? Thanks for opinions, etc....WC

2. gordy h

gordy h Member

We have wobble trap here at Camp Douglas Wi. I still shoot a tight Full Perazzi and do well, 24 ave. Butch H

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Any gun is fine . I use my Ljutic with a release but they all will work . A field gun may do better ??

4. BunkerGuy

BunkerGuy TS Member

Dolphin77,

There's an article about wobble. Might be helpful: mash on the link above.

- - Bill

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

We do a wobble league in the winter and it is alot of fun. Just about any shotgun will do but the flatter shooting guns have a slight advantage over the typical high shooting trap gun. Have fun and remember to see the target.

6. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I shoot lots of wobble and use my Sporting gun. Its set up for 55/45 or so.

7. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

The sporting gun will swing better than the heavier trap guns, especially if the trap machine is cranked up to Olympic Trap/bunker speeds. Bob

8. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

No bunker here in MN, so I crank up the wobble speed and go at it. Perazzi with 6 & 9 chokes and flat shooter. HJH

9. shootintom

shootintom TS Member

At a club here in Central PA they had a wobble trap set up where the shooting stations were right at the trap house with the speed set pretty high and we were able to shoot with all the sub gauges. My best with the .410 was 18 but I preferred my .28. They shot it that way for a couple of years and then some doubles shooters got a wild hair up there butts and comp[lained that we were down range of them and then we had to start shooting from the 16 yd. line and wobble trap pretty much lost it's interest for me since they didn't slow the birds down so you couldn't shoot it with anything but 12 gauge.

Tom

10. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Ditto on the sporting gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how to shoot wobble trap
shootingata

wobble trap shooting

wobbles trap shooting