1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting with the Big Dogs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I was just thinking I need a tee shirt that says I shoot with the Big Dogs. One of the nicest things about this sport is that we all shoot against the best shooters in the country if not the world toe to toe. That is amazing to me it is akin to playing golf with Tiger or basket ball with Jordan name me one other sport where this happens. Not only this but I get to watch them shoot in competition and shoot offs for free. Try that with the Masters or NBA finals you will never get as good a seat for those games paying big (huge)money as is available in our game for free. I consider this a bonus for our sport even when one of the big Dogs shoots a practice round with a squad I'm on to me in my mind it is a thrill and a contest. Now that is only in my mind but still a form of contest it make me focus harder silly as that may seem. I believe better shooters make you focus and shoot better. It is the completive spirit in most of us rising to the surface.

2. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

All other sports have professional divisions for a number of reasons...one being for the growth of the sport. But I guess you could look at it like...all of them have taken the wrong path and trapshooting is the only sport that has it right!

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bowling, Pro-Ams, Nationals, Regionals, GPBA tournaments, Strike Force almost every weekend and the Pro's get on the television every week during their season unlike trapshooting ... This year the National Championships were held in Las Vegas, they had 17,200 teams of 5 people per team and the event ran for 154 consecutive days to get them all in ... Makes trapshooting look a little pale don't it ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

WPT,

Do they still have BEER FRAMES during the National Championship team events?

Gotta love a sport that lends itself to be a quick and easy solution to who buys the next pitcher.

Tom

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

WPT,,,,if a lot of them were rolling 300's on a consistent basis, I would bet a lot of their viewership would wane. Our sport while challenging from the participation standpoint, would also be very BORING watching on television. JMHO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.