Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shooting with Polarized Lense

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  spitter 
#1 ·
Anybody have experience shooting with a polarized lense. What colors are best? I've been told that brown is the best. Thank you, Frank

#2 ·
I bought a set of the copper polarized for my Ranger XLWs. Figured they would be just the thing for bright or snowy backgrounds. Between the headache after one field against a blue sky (worked ok against trees)and the white cotton ball clouds on blue sky "phasing" in and out of view I put them back in the case and won't use any polarized lens again. Just my experience yours may vary.

--- Chip King ---

#3 ·
I have had Decot polarized brown glasses for year. They really work in BRIGHT Sunny days and open backdrops. They are not very good for cloudy days or dark backgrounds....but, if your eyes are sensitive to bright lights, they are the only way to go.....

#5 ·
They are the best at depth perception and clarity. That is what they are supposed to do, filter out light "noise" by alignment before it reaches your eye sensors. If they could coat with different colors I would not shoot with anything else, but the coatings are only made in brown, green and blues. I still use light brown on bright days especially.

If you are going to try them get optical quality like decots or a good pair of fishing glasses.

CM

#6 ·
Polarized lenses have a filter impregnated. Much like looking through window blinds. Restricts periphery vision, but does not change forward vision. Designed to help take reflections off of what your looking at. The snow analogy a good example, but targets tend not to reflect light. The polar filter will add about 100 dollars to the lens cost in Rx. Offered in few colors, dark by many shooters preferences. Are not available with blue block, but have UV1&2 protection. Can be coated with anti reflective lens surface coating, including gas AR. This application may wash about 10% of the color out from the surface. Restricting periphery vision the point of decision.

Maltz

#8 ·
Since the copper polarized lens was not an available option for my XL 68s... I had Wayne Morgan make me up a set of his Hi-Contrast Brown polarized lens... fantastic for me on the orange dome targets many clubs throw and/or for bird hunting... your results will probably differ

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.