1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting with Polarized Lense

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by cuzy, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuzy

cuzy TS Member

0   0   0

Anybody have experience shooting with a polarized lense. What colors are best? I've been told that brown is the best. Thank you, Frank

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

0   0   0

I bought a set of the copper polarized for my Ranger XLWs. Figured they would be just the thing for bright or snowy backgrounds. Between the headache after one field against a blue sky (worked ok against trees)and the white cotton ball clouds on blue sky "phasing" in and out of view I put them back in the case and won't use any polarized lens again. Just my experience yours may vary.

--- Chip King ---

3. JH

JH Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have had Decot polarized brown glasses for year. They really work in BRIGHT Sunny days and open backdrops. They are not very good for cloudy days or dark backgrounds....but, if your eyes are sensitive to bright lights, they are the only way to go.....

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

If there is snow on the ground and bright sun I will not shoot without polarized glasses.

Walmart has some Berkely fishing glasses for 5 bucks, how can you lose?

HM

5. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

0   0   0

They are the best at depth perception and clarity. That is what they are supposed to do, filter out light "noise" by alignment before it reaches your eye sensors. If they could coat with different colors I would not shoot with anything else, but the coatings are only made in brown, green and blues. I still use light brown on bright days especially.

If you are going to try them get optical quality like decots or a good pair of fishing glasses.

CM

6. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

0   0   0

Polarized lenses have a filter impregnated. Much like looking through window blinds. Restricts periphery vision, but does not change forward vision. Designed to help take reflections off of what your looking at. The snow analogy a good example, but targets tend not to reflect light. The polar filter will add about 100 dollars to the lens cost in Rx. Offered in few colors, dark by many shooters preferences. Are not available with blue block, but have UV1&2 protection. Can be coated with anti reflective lens surface coating, including gas AR. This application may wash about 10% of the color out from the surface. Restricting periphery vision the point of decision.

Maltz

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I have 2 pair and they work great on bright sunny days I prefer the brown over the gray after using them for a while now. On overcast or shooting as getting dark they are a big disadvantage. I carry a set of light glasses to switch if the conditions change.

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

Since the copper polarized lens was not an available option for my XL 68s... I had Wayne Morgan make me up a set of his Hi-Contrast Brown polarized lens... fantastic for me on the orange dome targets many clubs throw and/or for bird hunting... your results will probably differ

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trapshooters polarized glasses