1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting with music

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pigkiller, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Do any of you shoot listening to music? Has listening to an IPod helped any of you get into the zone? Or do you find it distracting?

Thanks for your feedback!

2. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

I like it alot. I typically will loop the same song over and over almost in an effort to keep the same mental tempo and focus. The music keeps me alert but not overthinking or daydreaming (two ends of the mental spectrum).

And, it's kind of funny, picking the right song is actually important. I literally have figured out a list of musicians that I almost always shoot good to and a list I shoot terrible to. So, it's a double edge sword if you don't have the right song(s).

3. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Up for music!

4. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

I listen to the soundtrack from Deepthroat ;>]]

5. PerazziMX2000

PerazziMX2000 TS Member

With me advantages are 2 fold 1 it helps keep my mind focused on task at hand and 2 helps block out the noise from behind the line.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I tried the music thing, but couldn't keep from dancing to the beat ... This annoyed the guy or ladie standing next to me, some times me and the lady would set our guns down and Boogie to the beat ... I guess you had to be there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

Music definately has helped improve my concentration, instead of thinking about what im doing that night, wondering how everyone else shot, etc, I'm able to listen to music which helps keep me in the zone. Broke 99 and then 100 in singles immediately after buying the earplugs

8. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Interesting feedback. I'm going to start shooting with music and try if for awhile. It may help my focus.

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I like elevator music, and These Boots Are Made For Walking and I am Going To Walk all Over You

GB
    DLS

10. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

I shot a round with just some earphones that sit tightly in the ear. The noise of the gun didn't bother me at all. Should I instead use earplugs designed for this?

By the way, I listened to Led Zeppelin.

11. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Ear buds aren't designed to provide hearing protection. If you use them, you'd be better off to wear ear muffs over them.

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Pro Ears muffs, classic rock mostly without lyrics.

HM

13. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

"Deepthroat" had a soundtrack?!? There was sound in that movie? I never noticed.

But seriously, folks, I used to listen to music because it helped avoid situations where, immediately after I had called for a bird, I would wonder how that wad got on the traphouse roof. I'm older now and either I've forgotten so much stuff there's nothing left to wonder about, or I finally have some sort of handle on my ADD.

For the record I used Peltor (Sp?) muffs with a connection for iPod or MP3. Would never use buds, alone.

Doc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.