1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting with cancer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KEYBEAR, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Yes he can shoot with it but must use number 8 shot 1 1/8oz. and it makes it very hard to see the target well???????

2. Vickie

Vickie Member

Ctreay, you have a personal message.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

ALF-99---Is that really fu%@ing funny to you? I mean come on.----Matt

4. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Us older guys need to get Colonoscopies. I dreaded getting one. I had three polyps that luckily were benign. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. The laxative is the worst part...Bill

5. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I had 5 polups when I first had my first exam. I am having them every five yrs. now. 63 yrs of age. Had my last one some months back and was clear. Never hurts to be safe. Everyone seems to think it will be painful, you feel nothing. The clean out the night before is worse than the exam. Please, get your exam if you are over 50. Hope this helps, Roy

6. SR1

SR1 TS Member

I have a very good friend that had lung cancer. He had a port and continued shooting the whole time he was getting treatments some days he was more tiered then others but he still shot a few times a week. I am not a Dr so the best advice I can give is to ask the Dr that put the port in if its ok. I hope your friend is cancer free after this for many years to come and breaks them all.

ALF-99 I know you were trying to joke but this is not something to joke about. I have lost a few friends and family to cancer and it is a liveing hell to go through with some one and a person that is recovering from cancer needs all the positive support they can get be it from friends,family and yes even strangers.

Shaun.

7. grntitan

ALF-99---Like Shaun said this is not a joking matter. I took great offense to your remarks for i lost my Dad in 1999 to cancer and his mom in 1990. It was a living hell that we went through. I surely hope you never know what we are talking about and if you have i just don't understand you.---Matt

8. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Matt I,m happy you feel so strongly about cancer . I have shot with cancer for five or six years . ( I have it under control at this time )Also have two friends on my squad that have had cancer treatment one colan and one lung cancer . Your right it,s not funny but you better laugh and often . I find the question can you shoot with Colan cancer funny as hell (what do you think) ?? Any Gun Club you go to some people there have or have had cancer a bad heart or some dam thing so live with it and LAUGH ( ALOT)

9. grntitan

AlF-99---Just because you find it funny many others do not. As for the ones shooting with troubles they don't exactly wear badges on their shirts saying so for others to read. I didn't find it an amusing question and don't think the person was an idiot for asking it. Remember always that what you find funny many others will not. There is no way of getting around the fact that CANCER is no laughing matter. If you must laugh about it please laugh in private and i'm sorry to hear of your illness may you live long and happy.---Matt

10. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I for one am sure Alf meant no harm or offense to anyone. Life is short live well, laugh often. Bill

11. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Matt as the voice of cancer patients i thank you . Now I can not care less what you think (you don,t have cancer do you ) I do . Cancer is no different then heart disease or any other ? We die now or later .

ALF

12. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Matt next time you go shoot look around at the older guys . All of us are dying from one thing or another . I got a Kidney Transplant in 1985 both shoulders rebuilt about 5 years ago both knees replace in 2005 my back hurts like hell and now cancer . I just find it funny Chuck would ask if his friend can shoot with a tube up his butt . The good news is Colon Cancer is very slow and if found early no big deal .

Thanks Sam

13. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Hi Jerry As we get older we start loosing family and friends to one thing or another just part of life i guess . A pity party don,t help anyone .

14. grntitan

ALF-99---I too have a number of severe health issues. I didn't take your post as the way you meant it. I am aware what it means to shoot with problems. I have had (3) shoulder surgeries on the left shoulder and a (3) level fusion of my lower back in the L-4,L-5,S-1 region which has failed and i'm not sure what direction we are going next. I am now taking Lyrica for what they now say is Fibro Myalgia which is causing my constent aching and hurting everywhere. For some reason even the word Cancer freeks me out though to the point of anger and paranoia. I do understand where you found the post humerous but guess i just didn't think it was as funny. I apologize and just think maybe next time you could explain your jokes a little more. No hard feelings.---Matt

15. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Matt No hard Feelings . I had the Kidney Transplant 23 years ago . When I lost my Kidneys I thought life was over for me . I had a business to run and a family to support . Dam I was to young to be sick . But I found out how strong my family was it was hard very hard . You will see other things are more important . I don,t know how much time I have (no one dose) but I will not spend it crying about little things I can,t fix . No cancer is not funny and I never said it was . But it can make life more precious and your time spent more wisely no longer will I worry about things I can,t change . I will injoy my family and friends I will shoot as long as I can and I will not worry about things I can,t control .

ALF

16. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

I lost my Dad to cancer in 1993. He shot many years on days I don't think I could have got out of bed! I honestly think he loved shooting so much that it helped him survive as long as he did.It really was hard to go to pick him up to go shoot and he could not make it. He had more will power than any man I ever new and if your Dad or loved one is still alive spend every minute you can with them. I miss my Dad every day.

Terry Dean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shooting with cancer