1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting vest

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by N. J. BOB, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

That was a Kay special that I think he used to sell. I don't think he sells them anymore. I have no idea who made them for him. I bought one at his store at the grand years ago, it is a great vest but a little hot in the summer.

2. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Kaye still makes the vests available. You need to call his company and talk directly to him as he handles the orders for them. He will be at the PA State shoot.

MK

4. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

The BEST vest available on the domestic market, hands down, no contest is Chuck Dietl.

Once you've worn a Dietl custom fit vest the competition is a distant 2nd best.

Click on the link above.

Call Chuck and talk to him - you won't be sorry.

5. philk

philk Member

Not really happy with the last off the shelf vest I bought. Interesting but it would be nice if he actually had pics on his sight so you could see what the finnished product looks like.

6. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Click the link above and look at the photos of the red vest - that is a Chuck Dietl vest.

7. Reed

Reed TS Member

Chuck Dietl's vest is far and away the best custom fitted vest.

The shoulder pad does not bunch - it lays flat underneath the butt pad, something I've never found on another vest before (even other "custom" vests) - This provides consistent mounts every time, which I feel is the most important aspect concerning a vest.

He provides a lot of customizable features - Extended shoulder pad for people who mount their gun farther out on their shoulder, full length leather pads for sporting clays or international shooters, piggy back pockets on the shell pouches for extra storage, an ear plug pocket, even a full mesh vest if that's what you want (the vest in the picture linked above is also a customizable feature, one that zips all the way to the neck rather than mid-chest for a different fit if that's what you prefer) - that you just can't get anywhere else.

On top of that it fits like a dream - ordered my first one three years ago, needed a new one in Country colors and Internationally approved this April and the new vest fit exactly like the old one. I honestly couldn't tell the difference.

I can't say enough positive things about Chuck and his vests. If you have any other questions you can ask me here or PM me - I'll send pictures of both of mine if you want as well.

Kelsey Zauhar

8. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

$108.00+$10.00 shipping plus any add-ons.Click the link above www.shootingbunker.com/TheBunkerVest.html and it has a pdf link to an order form.

9. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

British Sporting Arms sells an excellent vest, solid or mesh back, built-in expander for cold weather, good value and well made. Check it out on their website: www.bsaltd.britishsporting@verizon.net. Got one, love it!

10. philk

philk Member

Thanks wildcat

11. Reed

Reed TS Member

The one year I went to the CA State Shoot he was not there, but that was in 2006...He is based out of Las Vegas, FYI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

chuck dietil shooting vest trap