1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting vest cleaning?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wayneo, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I've got a Bob Allen mesh back, leather trim and leather shoulder pad thats about 15 to 18 years old. How do you clean these? Nothing on the tag, or on Bob Allen's web site. Dry clean, or just throw it in the washer? Thanks, Wayne

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

If it has leather or suede I dont think you better throw it in the washer. You might be able to clean the mesh by hand or get advice from a dry cleaner.

I bought a Scattergunner sweater about 30 years ago at the Grand. Its dry clean only. I have had it cleaned twice with great results. (not cheap).

Good luck.

Regards...Gerald

3. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I put all my (10) shooting vests in the washing machine! (gentle cycle) I spritz what ever has a stain and hope for the best. I have never ruined a vest doing it in the washing machine. I always do it on permenent press and hang the vest to dry. I then take the dry vest and fluff it on delicate cycle. They come out GREAT~ Doesn;t matter if the shooting pad is leather, plether pr micro suede.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how to clean shooting vest
how to clean shooting vests

where do i get a shooting vest cleaned