1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting @VA. Tech

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by EDGARMCM, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Just hang on, there will be a new outcry for more gun control.

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

The idiot reporters already asked about more gun control at the White House briefing this morning.

3. gary0920

gary0920 Member

I'm sure there is a law, policy, or rule forbidding carrying a gun on campus. I guess the gunman didn't know that or this wouldn't have happened. How the anti's are going to run for a touchdown on this one.

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

In VA. you must have a valid I.D. plus a secondary form of I.D. then you must pass a NCIS check. Jeff

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

You need multiple forms of ID w/ 1 of them being a government issued ID (drivers liscence or state ID card)along with a police background check done before you can purchase either a hand gun or long gun in the state of Virginia.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Were there any security people involved? If so, did they attempt to stop the shooter?

7. BMC

BMC Member

As sad as this event is, which it is and we are just at the beginning of what will be HELL week. The reality is that it doesn't matter what a state requires to purchase a gun. To buy a handgun here you have to have ID plus usually a second form of address such as a utility bill, plus have taken and passed a handgun safety course, plus pass background check, plus wait ten days. I always follow the rules, but I know of several places where I can go and buy a 9mm on my lunch hour and take it home. Seriously folks, if you are planning to do something illegal and to the point of completely insane, do you really think that state requirements for purchasing a firearm mean squat??? I'm serious when I say I can make a few phone calls, leave my office, meet someone and buy a stolen handgun in the next hour. THAT IS REALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!and the same reality whacked out gunmen use to "acquire" the tools to do what their whacked out minds want to. They aren't concerned with following the rules, otherwise they wouldn't kill over 30 people!!!!
    Brian.

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

As the number of people increase in the world , the number of insane people increase in like proportion. It is not going to get better only worse. Jeff

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

Jeff ... I agree but disagree with your statement. Yes there always will be a percentage of insane people but as the amount of people increases so does the amount of insane people but we are past the point n that those insane people have sought out the other insane people and have begun to bread ... and those offspring of the bred insane people are far worse than those of the past.

10. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

This is such a histortic tragedy on so many fronts that I can't even begin to speculate what the after effect will be.

100s of families destroyed. 1000s of lives negatively affected and that doesn't even begin to touch what will happen with the legal ramifications.

A dark day here in the U.S.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am very sad about this incident. I live 7 miles from the VA Tech campus. I have many friends who work at VA Tech and I am on the campus several times each month. Apparently an Asian student became upset with his girl friend.

Pat Ireland

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My grandaughter is a Freshman at VA Tech. So far we have no news if she is ok

13. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

your family is in our thoughts cubancigar.

brett d.

14. T/C

T/C TS Member

Maybe RAP music caused this? Anyway, al of us legal, sane, law abiding gun owners, in one way or another, are going to take the rap for this one, wait and see. More gun control, is that the answer? Wait! Is it possible to buy a hot gun in VA? Some puke reporter was already questioning Congress on/about more gun control laws. Do you really have to be insane to kill 32 people or just really pissed off about something. And if your really pissed off, are you really insane? The anti's are going to have a field day with this one. I can't wait for Al Sharpton and the royal Jessie Jackson's input on this one. They gotta try and get some press on this. My neighbor's kid goes to VA Tech, he just phoned home @ 4PM, earliest he could get a phone line out. I still believe in my right to own a gun, but stand by. Maybe some of you free loaders will now join the NRA, IF you still want to be truly free to shoot and own a gun. Shit's gonna hit the fan now. T.

15. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I watched the news from time to time today. A person who was reporting to the station or speaking for a station said people should not blame the gun but the people who used them. As I expected I have not heard him sence that one time.

Why did they not lock the school down at 7:30 am?

16. phirel

phirel TS Member

cubancigar2000- Most of the students killed were in two upper level Engineering classes. If you can e-mail me her name, I will be in the Court House again this afternoon and I know many deputies. A provisional name list is nearly complete.

Unruly- Several buildings were locked early. The campus is very large and it is nearly impossible to contain 26,000 students along with an additional 7,500 workers.

Phirel@AOL.com----------
    Pat Ireland

17. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thanks to all of you and Pat for your concerns. Our Family was one of the lucky ones. Natalee is safe! She was sick today and stayed in her dorm. I am deeply saddened for the families of the victims

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Another nail in the coffin of gun ownership. How sad. Gunman was carring a 9mm and 22cal.

19. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

33 dead, what a shame. my heart is out to the familes. a horrible day in america

20. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Pray, for those who died and their families, Pray for the gunman and his family and whatever darkness caused him to do this, Pray for those left behind to carry on in the light of this horrible incident, Pray for all of us not directly affected who have a new reason to fear for our children.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.