1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Trap from Skeet Stations

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoking357, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Is there a name for that game? It's pretty fun. Obviously, you don't shoot the final two Skeet stations.

2. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

We call this game "Scrap" We don't let you move to skeet station 2 until you have broken your bird at station 1.etc. The person who has advanced the furthest after 25 shells wins..We can never let the shooter advance more that 2 stations because of the safety factor.He has to shoot until he breaks his bird ..the rest of the squad waits for him until he breaks his bird or runs out of shells.

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have always heard it called Chinese Trap. You start with 25 shells and must shoot until you break a target (starting at station 1) before you can move to the next station. The squad member that makes it the furthest is the winner.

Jim Skeel

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

yah-ah... But do they count towards MN all-state honor targets? I bet they do in Buffalo

5. checker

checker Member

Targets count toward the Polish World AllRound Championship.....Extreme angles.....seen guys not get off pad 1......it's called Polock Trap.....P-Trap....High Polish Chrome Model

[​IMG]

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

We've played that too, with a different twist as well. Yes you shoot until you break the target (Max 3 trys and go on). You can bring 50 rounds of shells and shoot two per target if you like ( like Wabble Trap). After 25 targets he who has the most broken targets and who the farthest ahead, is the winner of the pot-o-cash. Yes we put some money in the pot to make it worth while so to speak. LOL You can play with trap house in normal mode or in Wabble trap mode, its all fun, one shot or two. 10 dollars a target or for a soda pop. Whatever makes it fun for all. Break-em all. Jeff

7. The Stive

The Stive Member

I have played this game. I was visiting a club and they it called scrap. They
    played the three shot maximum rule. I had a lot of fun shooting this game.
    John

8. shootintom

shootintom TS Member

SK(eet)(t)RAP and the way we do it is shoot till you break a bird on the station to move on, the one who moves the furthest is the winner and we use station 8 too which is closest to the trap house but you only need to break one bird there.

Tom

9. rons2

rons2 TS Member

We shot it in Maryland using the wobble trap. Had four shots per station to break two. Also the trap was adjusted to maximum throw.

10. DanLee

DanLee Member

Our club shoots wobble skrap. We shoot from 4 yards behind the skeet stations (except 1 and 7, obviously) and allow three tries at each station. The shooter with the last shell who breaks the target wins. It is addictive.

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

We have a different variation.

You get High House/Trap pair, then a Low House/Trap pair then a Trap ... on each station.

High score wins..

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It was called scrap in Indiana 20 years ago when I lived there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shooting skeet station by station