1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting sporting clays with Old Parker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by copper, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copper

copper Member

Well have moved in game lands near sporting clays range 3 miles down the road. Well have been shooting sporting clays with the strait grip VH Parker having lots of fun it full and full lots of smoke. The trap range I use to belong to a few years ago raised rates for non members to encourage non members to join not working at all, money tight most places just pissing people off including a lot of members that use to bring friends this Idea was promoted by a handfull of skeet shooter that have always try to make club the own at everyones expence they don,t want new shooters of course they go to all meeting ware lots of other members don,t and vote there Pet prjects through . I am 40 plus miles away so I may just stick to sporting clays for now. DAVE

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Yes, your correct. Any problems with shooting at a club is the fault of skeet shooters...

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Is that why they call those pesky insects that buzz around and suck your blood leaving itching welts mo`skeet`o's ???

4. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

Can't help on club memberships, but I shoot an old Baker and Fox on SxS
    sporting. Both have tight chokes, I use alot of Fiocchi spreaders on
    closer shots. Also shoot pump events with trap grade M12 and spreaders help
    alot also.
    Have fun, Gary Owen

5. copper

copper Member

Well they happen to be Skeet Shooters promoted the raise in rounds for non members with shooting down to start with Not to smart the club was making money on the non members now less of that. I think you can look at books and see well if this brain storm worked or not. These fellows I speak of wanted a third skeet range when the two don,t get lots of use as it is and to tear down club house to do it . A lot of people don,t go to meetings you have to attend so many to vote I don,t know if I agree with that some time a small population can get things passed even when majority disagree when they are more organized how the county got in trouble. Dave

6. MisterHappy

MisterHappy Member

The "small population" is the majority, as they show up to vote on the project.

Sucks, but the first step to "winning" is showing up, be it a shoot or a Members' meeting.

If it's a Club (as opposed to a commercial range) then the "money motive" is likely not the first item of interest to many.

Nice to see the Parker getting exercised!

7. copper

copper Member

Yes is a private club well anyway, The Parker gets a lot of looks the great wood and strait grip the owner of sporting clays range asked to have a look at it has a great feel I am a strait grip fan. The full and full a little much on some targets I was considering having screw in chokes install but for now will keep as is. take care Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.