1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Simulators Do They Really Work?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shooterxt, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooterxt

shooterxt TS Member

I was surfing the Web the other day and I found an intresting Shooting Simulator called Dryfire you can see a pretty cool video of it @ http://www.dryfireus.com Have any of you out there had any experiance with this unit. Or any other simulator for that matter. Have your scores improved? This unit looks pretty good and the price seems reasonable. I am going to look into this further there is a dealer close to my home. I would like to see a demo up close before buying. Let me know your opinions please. . .

Mark

2. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Mark, Search by Dryfire and you should pop a few threads on this system. Several people on here have them I believe.

3. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Yes - Dry Fire works pretty good. Very nice to see where you miss and dial into the targets. I believe it has helped me break more targets. I like it a lot.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

They work great. I've been using one for severial years. You can make shooting as easy or as hard as you want. Add wind from any direction and speed, and it's really fun. It also has every other shotgun shooting sport ever dreamed up, in the program. You'll need a powerful computer (laptop) to make it work right.

5. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Mark, I bought a DRYFIRE unit in March of this year. I love it. I was struggling on the 24 when I bought it and started practicing with it. I made the 27 at the Grand this year. I give the DRYFIRE most of the credit. The rest I give to Britt Robinson. It is a serious tool, not a game. You do not need a laptop to run it. Any computer made in the last few years will run the program. But I will tell you this, If you buy one be prepared to shoot your gun on the pattern board enough to put in good information on it's point of impact and choke constriction. Bad info in will be bad info out, so make sure it is good info. I love mine and was hoping that it would stay the best kept secret out there. LOL It is not a cheap system but well worth the investment if you use it. Just my 2 pennies.

Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.