1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shooting school

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JZ, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JZ

JZ Member

hi im looking for a school for olypmpic trap anyone knows a good one. and if someone knows one in italy also
    thanks a lot for your help

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

There is a WORLD of talent here.. I would contact "Shooting Coach"..Allen Chubb.. and Hill Country Shooting Club in Kerrville Texas.. I too am a neubie at olympic bunker.. and my stay in Kerrville for 2 weeks last year yielded me a fantastic amount of information.. Before you start.. How are your eyes??? and your reflexes??? All Good.. Mike

3. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

The nearest thing to an Olympic trap school is Willa Walla creek shooting center outside St. Jo, Tx. The grounds are overseen by Olympian Brett Erickson, formerly of the United states Army Marksmanship Unit at Fort Benning. Brett Brett is a nationally recognized coach who, I believe , coached Corey Cogdell prior to her medal in Beijing. You can find information on Internationalshotgun.net, or possibly Willa Walla Creek Shooting Center. Best of luck.

Where are you located? Perhaps there is something closer with coaching to begin.

Chuck

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Great advice from Chuck.. and Josh is out there too.. Anyone see or hear from Kelsey?? (Kolar Chick).. She gave me a string of names..One thing I can tell you.. get instructions from a good teacher.. Not every shooter is a good teacher..

5. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

Sorry , Google Willawalla creek Shooting Center. Willawalla one word.

Chuck

6. JZ

JZ Member

thanks for the reply how about this guy

http://www.joshlakatos.com/joshlakatos/Home.aspx

anyone taking lessons with him ? thanks

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I heard EXCELLENT things about Josh.. Never met him.. but many of the Olympic shooters have trained under his watchful eye.. Same for Brett.. Can't go wrong with either..

8. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

Josh Lakatos is an excellent instructor, works out of Hillsboro, Oregon presently. Josh was the silver medalist in Atlanta in '96 and former World champion as a Junior in both trap and double trap. He has worked both nationally and internationally, instructing Ahmed Al-Mahtoum of the UAE former Olympic gold medalist and world level trap and double trap shooter. He travels extensively as an instructor and works closely with Lucio at Perazzi fitting guns to his students shooting perazzi so has unique knowledge of the subject.

9. Les Greevy

Les Greevy TS Member

JZ, Where are you located? How old are you? Les

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
allen chubb kerrville texas
best trap shooting schools

trap shooting school

trap shooting schools

trap shooting schools wyoming
trap shooting scools