1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting rats with pellet rifle and night vision..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KFpPzlzfc1M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Creative lady.

Looks like a lot of fun.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Looks like fun. If there were that many rats just that evening, they have a hell of a rat problem.

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

This makes me wish I had Rats in my house.

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I would play ... hope that isn't part of an occupied dwelling, way too many rodents!

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Was that night vision scope, or a regular scope with one of the green laser designators like an ND3? Either way, looks like a great way to spend an evening.

John

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I think it was in the middle of the night at Occupy Wall Street.

7. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Gee someone actually doing something about a problem rather than bitching to the govt about the problem. What a concept!! I am of course refering to a certain social economic segment of our society that mostly lives in the inner city. Bill

8. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

ttt for those who missed it.

9. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

I see you never shot rats in a garbage dump where there are thousands of them. We used a 22 cal rifle with a scope and a flashlite mounted under the barrel. Their eyes shine just like that and when you shoot the lights go out. Lots of fun. A lot of city dumps won't let you shoot in them.

Dave

10. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

It is lots of fun before they covered the dumps every night (back in the 60s) we used a miners type head light (battery powered) and cyl. bore bbl. 20 ga. with real light re-loads about 1\2 oz. shot. Some nights we could shoot up 2 boxes of shells in a couple hrs. before they got wise. Now it wouldn't even be allowed to fire a gun in places like that. Ross

11. Vertas

Vertas TS Member

Shooting rats at a dump in eastern long island in the 1960's was the most fun, we ran thousands of .22 rounds a night, I wish I could an old dump to that now.

12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I learned how to shoot shooting at river rats along the Allegheny river with an old Remington 22 pump. Mike.

13. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

While stationed in Fukaoka Japan in 1971 I parked at the boat docks watching the ships come in and had switched my car off to include the lights. After a bit I cranked up my car and turned on the lights and was frightened one of the worst times in my life. The docks were covered with huge rats and I believe you could have killed hundreds with one shot of a shotgun. I never went back as I didn't have a gun while there. Jackie B.

14. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

We played rat polo at night back in the very early sixties at a huge grain handling complex in Maumee Ohio. The cars had real fenders and hood ornaments to hang onto. One on each front fender and a golf club in the free hand driver drove real slow. Lots of fun a wonder we did not end up crippled or in jail Shot rats in the daylight at township dump. find a seat and wait for the movement of them rattling around cans and look for the color of their fur. Talk about target aqusition training, I think we were way ahead of the Army sniper schools.
    got lots of shots in on the days when the dump was set on fire to get rid of some of the mass.

15. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Been there/done that. 22's, Pellets, BB's........Targets by the hundreds -- (we were a small town). So many of us doing it that we almost had to schedule times. Then the city covered the dump and went with a commercial company. They hauled the trash to where we couldn't go on our bicycles!! Nothing like riding down Main St. with a gun across the handlebars and NO ONE cared!!!!!..merlyn

16. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

makes me want one.... surely find something to blast at night. Did anyone ever say what scope setup was used? is the green laser designator like what they use for night hunting wild pigs?

17. 682LINY

682LINY Member

long island in the 60,s anchor off shore of dump in hempstead harbor,,a few 22,s and a big spot lite,,, 100 foot high pile of garbage for a back stop,, yea those were the days

18. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I wish I knew what kind of gun they were using. I've had several but none have had that kind of accuracy. I've had Benjamin's, RWS and Gamo's but consistant accuracy was a problem. Jackie B.

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

I'm not sure that's an airgun?

20. Tpeterson1

Tpeterson1 Member

HW100 .177 Pellet gun with a 14rd rotary drum,very nice,fun video,thanx for sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.