1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Ranges in KY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rmg1234, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmg1234

rmg1234 TS Member

I am going to be in the Louisville. KY area in late Feb. Are there any near-by ranges with trap, skeet or sporting available? I will be willing to drive a little if necessary to visit a quality club

Thanks
    Rick

2. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

rmg1234 You might want to try Indian Creek Shooting Center just west of Georgetown Indiana. Take I64 to the Georgetown exit take left on hwy 64 go through Georgetown. About a mile or so after going through Georgetown you will see the Floyd/Harrison county sign on your left, go another mile to mile and a half you will be going down a hill with a right turn in it. At bottom of hill will be a sign ( Indiana Creek Shooting Center ). Turn right onto Gun Club RD go 1/4 mile club on left ( sign here also ). They have 4 trap fields 1 skeet/5 stand and a sporting clays course. Very nice club and people. Southern Indiana hospitality at it's best. Several Kentucky and Louisville residents shoot here. By the way this is my home club.

John

PS This is a short drive from Lousville.

3. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

rmg1234 Sorry, There open Tuesday-Sunday. If you go Tuesday-Friday you will want to call ahead. 812 951-3031 Wanda Seitz/owner operator.

John

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Try this it might help. I don't say it will help for sure but it is worth the look see.

Bob Lawless

5. kybullseye

kybullseye TS Member

Second vote for Indian Creek, I shoot there a least once a week.

6. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I live in Lexington. Not too far from Louisville is Elk Creek Sporting Clays in Owenton, KY. world Class Sporting Clays. Blue Grass (www.BGSLinc.com) might be another option in Wilmore, KY.

Charlie

7. rmg1234

rmg1234 TS Member

Thanks everyone. I will be there next Tuesday thru Thursday. If I get a chance I may try out one of these clubs.

Does anyone know anything about the Jefferson Gun Club? It is only a few miles from where I will be.

Thanks
    Rick

8. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

Try this link all you need is a zip code.

Shoot well,

Jim

9. quicksand

quicksand Guest

Rick:

I have shot at both clubs and they are both nice facilities. I am from MI and when I drive down to see my daughter in Louisville, we try to spend a day at one or the other. I would say that my prefernce is Indian Creek. And yes, Wanda is very hospitable...be sure to get something form the grill!!!

Dave

10. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

FYI Indian Creek will be closed 2-23 to 2-28 as Wanda will be on vacation.

Wanda rarely takes vacation and it is a great place to shoot.

Ed Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap clubs near owenton ky

trap ranges in ky