1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting ranges at Lake of the Ozarks?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Not counting the Missouri state fields - werent there a couple of ranges that opened up near or at the Lake of the Ozark hotels ?

Any experience or prices or information?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS Trap- or Skeet or Sporting

2. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Gene, I am sorry that I don't know of any gunclubs in the immediate vicinity of Lake of the Ozarks, save the Linn Creek MTA club. That is not to say they don't exist, just that I don't know about them. I live in the Branson area and we have several down here, but that is a pretty long drive. Ozark Shooters' Complex has trap, skeet, sporting clays and five stand...but a two hour drive from Osage Beach to Ozark. Jack

3. g7777777

Jack

Thanks- I even seemed to recall some people taking lessons from pros in that area but it must have been in Branson.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I think Pistols Plus has an indoor pistol range at the lake but I'm not positive.

As far as shotgun sports, there is Prairie Grove shooting sports about 10 miles east of Columbia on I-70 ( North at the Millersburg exit) that has trap, skeet, sporting clays and there is River Hills about 10 miles or so west of Columbia at exit 111. they only have 1 combo field but an awesome 5-stand and sporting clays set-up. I've shot at both these places and they are top-notch. Both have websites. If you are coming down Hwy 63 from Iowa you won't be far from either place.

Good Luck and travel safe.

Bob

5. g7777777

Thanks Bob

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Why would you need anything more than Linn Creek?

7. zzoom

zzoom Member

United Sportsmens Club in Jefferson City. Private, but would be happy to have you as my guest. Open Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday, 11:00 till 4:00.

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

You could just call Lyndell at the MTA and Iam sure he would give you info. He's been down there long enough he'd know. We shot alittle at small clubs back in the day but haven't heard anything about them for years so I suspect there gone. You might look up Burlly Wilson to. He lives just down the road and is the former manager of the MTA grounds. He's lived in them thar hills a few years now.

9. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

There is a place to shoot trap off RT 5 near Laurie. I was there in 2008 but don't remember exactly where it is. It was up a hill (there's only 1 hill in the Ozarks) with a tower on it. There was a boat repair shop (there's only 1 boat repair place in the Ozarks)at the bottom of the hill. I'd stick with MTA.

10. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Burley has a trap range at his place - just down the road a piece from MTA. There are several more in 50 or so miles, tucked back in them hills. Lyndel shoots at Laurie (or did) in a league. .....merlyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
gun range lake of the ozarks
indoor shooting range in lake of the ozarks mo

lake of the ozarks shooting range

lake of the ozarks skeet shooting

lake of theozarks outdoor shooting range
osage beach sporting clays
ozark shooters range ozark mo
shooting at the lake of the ozarks