1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Range Quiet

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beni, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beni

Beni Member

My local clubs Rifle and pistol range have been quiet since all the B. S. started. I believe we should continue to shoot,continue to get more people involved,including women and kids. Let them know we are still here and will continue to practice our sport even through this storm. take someone new shooting beni

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

We have to save our ammo. The end of the world is coming. HMB

3. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Our club has picked up more members. People are coming out of everywhere to shoot their new guns. We are a small club and are reaching the top number that should be allowed to be members. Over the last couple of years we have increased from under 600 to over 700. The number jumped a lot recently.

A larger percentage of people are renewing than before. In the past we only got about 30% renewal. A lot of people bought and joined for only 1 year to practice. now the renewal rate is over 50%. The same things happens though. Someone buys a gun and brings the wife and kids out to learn to shoot then starts fishing the next year.

We need more property and more help but we are limited in what we can do by a grandfather permit clause. The property has changed from agriculture to low density residential. That is hurting our growth.

4. lwr_

lwr_ Member

I have plenty of shotshell and still shoot some skeet; however, have not been able to shoot my 45acp because of the ammo shortage.

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Re: My local clubs Rifle and pistol range have been quiet

Don't know where your shooting but if it's been quiet your club has issues that has nothing to do with gun control!

6. Beni

Beni Member

Maybe its the weather maybe post hunting blahs dont know. It just seemed weird and no ,no issues. beni

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's winter, and ammo is not readily available.

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I have plenty of ammo and the components to load plenty more but haven't felt like shooting anything since November. It's too cold to use outdoor ranges and the indoor club I belong to is crowded much of the time, so I've just stayed home.

But boredom is setting in. I may have to go shooting so the reloading will give me something to do.

Ed

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

It's quiet because everyone is home reloading. Wait till the first warm day......

10. ThomRogers

ThomRogers Member

Beni I would come and shoot with you if you show some of your shooting secrets I have lots of ammo and missed a coyote last sunday need the practice thanks Thom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.