1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Quirks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkfin, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkfin

blkfin Member

Does anyone have little things they do to help them score better. Such as take the 2nd shell in the row first, Make sure the rubber pad is sqaure to the crack in the concrete,never touch the speaker if is not touching a spent shell. Need some more Ideas to Increase my scores. Thanks Mike K.

2. BT-99MAX

BT-99MAX Member

When inserting a shell, always turn the shell so the "12 GA" writing on the shell head is upright and level. Treat it like a horse shoe. If you put it in upside down, your luck will run out.

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"Does anyone have little things they do to help them score better"

Yes, I go to the range and actually practice various target presentations from the different posts.

4. blkfin

blkfin Member

Now now Brooks, There has to be something that you do to give yourself that little edge besides practice.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I have no particular quirks but the ones that I laugh at most are those who blow the smoke out after each shot...and the ones who have to catch the empty out of the air after ejection....good catch dude..but that loss really stunk!!!

6. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Mike, FWIW I always watch the target of the shooter before me quite closely, if they hit it I say to myself "I'll hit mine harder than that"...if they miss I say "Watch this...DORK". It isn't classy I'll admit, but it helps me look harder at my own targets. Cheers-Graham.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Calvin. You need to wathch the Olympic skeet shooters cathc empties. They are really good, cause they catch them and then immediatly toss them to the ground. I'm gonna practice that. My most recent quirk is to allow my eyes to get to calm in the quiet eye technique. That really helps get the jumpiness out of the shot process.

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I like a beer between stations....

but the clubs and the ATA took exception to my little "quirk"...

Curt

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I catch the shells for the targets I hit, let the losses hit the ground. I don't have to reload many.

10. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

This very thing was discussed during a youth training class I attended this past thursday.(youth shooting)

A golf video was shown but it was based on the Mind over Matter, or what works for you.

These little things like changing your call might make enough difference.

Regards....Gerald

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Put the gun down and regroup if the guy in front of you has a lost target. I don't know how many times I've seen one man miss, and the lost targets continue right down the line (many, many, many times). Stop and regroup...........

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

always throw away that disgusting case that was faulty that made you miss. Make sure you make a face while you are doing it.

13. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Yeah, I also practice eliminating any quirks. The fewer things you do the easier it is to remember them. Keep those to basic fundamentals.

14. Jim Lambert

Jim Lambert Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.