1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shooting question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmac_cope, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Gentlemen,

I know the answer to my question will depend on how fast a trapshooter gets on a bird and what choke he is using but here goes:

How far from the trap house does an average club shooter at the 16 yard line hit the bird? Is there any rule of thumb on what is ideal?

Thanks

John

2. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Gentlemen,

I know the answer to my question will depend on how fast a trapshooter gets on a bird and what choke he is using but here goes:

How far from the trap house does an average club shooter at the 16 yard line hit the bird? Is there any rule of thumb on what is ideal?

Thanks

John

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Lets see how my answer stacks up to the others, around 32-35 yards out is where most targets break unless you are very fast or pretty slow. Break-em all. Jeff

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

There are two events shot from the 16 yard line. Singles and doubles. Since doubles shooters know the path of the targets, some can hit the first bird as close as 5 yards from the trap house. HMB

5. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

I had my wife time me with a stopwatch from when I called for the bird to when it, 96/100, broke. After all the math it averaged out that I was breaking the birds 44 feet from the house or 30.67 yards from where I stood.

I have had several shooters comment on how quickly I get on birds, and can't beleive I shoot a 60/40 gun as well as I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.