1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*Shooting Pressure - Can You Handle It?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Onceabum, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Ninety Five straight and looking for your first 100. Only five to go. It's getting harder to breathe. Can you suck it up and break the last post or will you miss a bird to relieve the pressure......Or are you just approaching the seventy fifth target which you have missed three singles events in a row? Try not to think about it.

The big guns seem immune to this pressure but even they stumble now and then. Several years ago, if memory serves, I read in the trap and field magazine where one of the better shooters in the western USA (I won't mention his name) missed the 100th target in doubles seven times before he ran the 100. Hard to believe but pressure visits all shooters at times.

BB

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

What pressure? It's all about fun. If not, then it's time to seek another that is!

Curt

3. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Fun, Always. Pressure, always. They co-exist. Their levels go up and down. Fun up until the 98th bird, pressure for the last 2, then fun again once it's over. Dave T.

4. ismah

ismah Member

Booger: It does happen to all of us, it's part of the game.

grnbertcj: I think you read too many comic books.

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Oh. The answer to your question. No. I can't handle it. I've won many local tournaments. I was more relieved than excited and it wasn't fun. So I putz around now hoping I can find away to overcome the pressure. Dave T.

6. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I do my best shooting under pressure. I am relieved when it is over but I still shoot my best when it means the most.

7. below 0

below 0 TS Member

I've had my underwear up around my collar quite a few times. Dropped my 100th bird for a 99 in South Dakota a few years ago. Still havn't gotten my 100 straight from the 27. Now have 5 99's. lol
    Dale

8. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

For me it is no more pressure to break #100 as #1. I really thought I would be shakeing like a leaf in a windstorm when I got there the first time but all I could think was "Don't let this be a straight away". It was and I cracked it in two pieces. The next didn't seem any different than the first bird out of the house...............Roger

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I love shooting just for the fun of it. I do all my practice with a 20 gauge. But I also love winning a competition. It is fun knowing that on that day you were the best. It is a high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.