1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Park Manager Needed - Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trim tab, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

New Clark County Shooting Park in Las Vegas is looking for a Manager. Don Turner's last day was Sept 17th. Info is below and is also posted on www.nssf.ord Job ID is 100710150956

SHOOTING | HUNTING | SAFETY | INDUSTRY
    JOIN NSSF | LOG IN

About | Contact | Site Map

Shooting
    Hunting
    Safety
    Industry

Industry Career Connection - Job Details
    Shooting Park Manager posted 10/07/2010
    Salary: $58,115.20 - $90,084.80 Location: Las Vegas, NV
    Employer: Clark County Shooting Park Contact:

JOHN HULME
    HUMAN RESOURCES ANALYST

Phone: (702) 455-3198
    FAX: (702) 455-2253

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job Summary: Clark County (Las Vegas) Nevada is currently accepting applications for a Shooting Park Manager under the official job title of Senior Recreation/Cultural Program Administrator. Job candidates are required to complete an application and a supplemental assessment. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application package. The minimum qualifications for the position are Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Recreation, Leisure Services or a closely related field AND four (4) years of full-time professional level experience which has included recreation and/or cultural program planning and administration, including one (1) year of lead or supervisory experience. On-line applications may be submitted by visiting the County’s website at: www.accessclarkcounty.com Application deadline is 5:00 PM (Pacific Time) Tuesday October 12, 2010.
    View full job description.

2. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

3. Get Lost

Get Lost TS Member

I think we have spotted the problem with the “New Shooting Sports Park”. This want add pretty much sums it up. They are looking for someone with a Recreational back ground (I wonder how volley ball, tennis, soft ball, Frisbee and walking your dog, relate to shooting sports)! How about hiring a person who understands the sport/business like, an outdoorsman, shooter, hunter or maybe find Steve Carmichael, who ran the Las Vegas Gun Club for many years. (I saw him last week he still lives here). May be they could turn a profit, instead of operating the place at a substantial loss and a burden to the tax payer!!

Jeff Byrne

35 year LV/NV Resident

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Steve would be the man to make the place make money, thats for sure ... WPT .. (YAC) ...

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I agree 100%, Steve is the man but the salary is not enough to get a good one

6. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

The way Nev craped on Steve I'm not sure he woud even consider it.
    He would be the best posible candidate, but they probably want someone whom they can push around and do it their way. Probably not the best for all of us.

7. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

How to you get a "Degree" in "Recreation or Liesure Services?" What college offers that course?

You guys are right about having a sportsman with maybe some management experience, as the ideal candidate.

However since Harry Reid championed that park they are probably looking for an SEIU member from Nevada, and obviously his political affiliation will be scrutinized closely. Maybe it won't matter as much in NOV if things go right.

I've been wanting to move to LV for some time because I go to Front Sight in Pahrump often. Getting paid $80-90K for running a shooting venue would be a walk in the park compared to trying to make a living as an RE Appraiser or Machinist right now. Also plenty of Bene's like Health Ins, that I haven't been able to afford for the last 10 years, not to mention that state run pension plan! Hell, I could probably retire in 5 years with a full pop package!

Maybe I'll send a Resume in tomarrow. Couldn't hurt.

Randy

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

They can't be serious with an add like that.
    Steve Balistreri

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They tried that with Ben Avery.

Satterwhite was announced to have the job, then he disappeared.

HM

10. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

I need to know exactly how far this club is from the bunny ranch and how much my expense budget will be before I apply.
    Chris

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

What do you think all those college football players that can't speak English get their degree in: Recreational Services, of course........

12. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Watch their video, it says if you shoot a release trigger you need to get permission from the range officer to shoot there.

They are in bad need of some new management that knows ATA and sensible rules.

13. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Terry, they are relaxed lot of those that you hear on video such as release and toe pad etec.

14. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

That is good news.

Our wives all love Las Vegas if they get their act together I would love to go to a decent shoot out there and lots of my friends feel the same way.

Terry.

15. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

We are working on it. Great facility.

16. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The old Harold's trap club in Reno would be a good model. Put in a bar and slots - maybe some table games - the old competitors would gather again.

Steve would be the ideal candidate to run the operation but he should have a lease on the facility and be able to run it as his business. His ability to get the locals involved in a league would be a real plus.

Harry Reid, after the election, could appear now and then as a curiosity. He could lead a local discussion group on how to solve the world's problems.

17. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

If this is a county run park, the best man for the job will never get it. They'll hire some bean counter, trust me.

18. rw993

rw993 Active Member

My wife and I were there about 2 wks ago. Very nice facility. We watched the video. They are using Bio Targets so you don't get much smoke!! Toe resting was still purported as banned on all info however the guy we shot with had a pad on his shoe and was using it with no retribution. Staff was nice, service was good. They do need to learn when to clean up the field of hulls as it was after every round, so it took us at least an extra half hour to shoot 100 trgts.

There is no question that the facility is government run. They may never throw registered targets of anything as they do not have to make a profit. They have a 20 squad league which I believe is a fraction of what Steve had going. I am sure the economy took it's toll on that to some extent.

RW

19. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

How many Hispanics have been interviewed?

Respectfully, Kit Thomas

20. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Is Earl avilable?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

702-455-3198