1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting on Vegas Strip - Auto Industry Culpable

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Cobra Khan, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobra Khan

Cobra Khan Member

‘A police spokesman told CNN that a person in a black Ranger Rover Sport opened fire on a Maserati around 4:20 a.m., killing the driver and wounding a passenger. The Maserati then crashed into a taxi and four other cars.
    The taxi caught fire and the cab driver and a passenger were killed, according to a local television report. The SUV left the scene, according to the Associated Press.’

If the bad guys had not been driving automobiles, the two civilians killed in the taxicab would still be alive. Maserati & Range Rover have to be held accountable here people! At the very least, they should require that all future Maserati’s have a governor installed that will not allow them to travel at speeds faster then 55mph. I mean who needs a car that can drive 200mph anyway – that is simply criminal! And Range Rover... are you kidding me, credible studies everywhere show that they are the preferred transportation of killers… even in countries where there use has been banned.

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

The liberals (and governments in general) will keep banning things and taking away freedoms instead of addressing the whole gang warfare issue, drug trafficking, males who breed indiscriminately and take no responsibility for the upbringing of their offspring, the criminally inadequate care of those with dangerous mental health concerns and a corrupt justice system that would rather cut a deal with criminals than convict the guilty and protect the victims. Those that we elect are ultimately responsible for enacting laws that protect public safety, assure personal liberty and does not squander the future to satisfy powerful lobbyists.

THEY ARE AN ABJECT FAILURE!!...and have been for decades.

Ron Burr

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Obama and Biden just called for a ban on Range Rovers and Taxi's in Las Vegas ... Said thats as good a place to start as any ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Cobra Khan

Cobra Khan Member

Okay, I have received a bunch of facebook hits and emails from folks upset, claiming that I am overly critical of Range Rover. I will admit that there are some Range Rovers that are not used for gang shootings, robbing banks, and/or selling drugs to our school children. This particular one however was one of those ‘Black Sporting Rovers’ or as I like to call them, the ‘Assault Rover’ which have no business being on our streets.

Some people say, well they are 4-wheel drive. To them I reply, of course they are 4-wheel drive, but you don’t use these things for deer hunting! These things are used as ‘Urban Assault Vehicles’ and we need to take action. Perhaps require a sensibility course or some kind of special training before you are allowed to have one of these things.

I have been following this Vegas story very closely and although it has not been officially released, it appears that this particular Assault Rover may have even had one of those sun roofs equipped on it. You know, the fully retractable version that a person can stand up through!

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

A black Cadillac Escalade with 22" wheels and same size sub woofers is the assault vehicle of choice by professional gang bangers.

Eric

mixer_2008_0303146.jpg

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I'd like to see if you guys are just as enthusiastic about making jokes of someones death if the victims were your wife and kids.

7. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Ron Burr,
    You covered the bases very accurately, well written, and..........you are right. Scott

8. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

If it was a Range Rover involved....I'm sure it's broke down somewhere....

9. Cobra Khan

Cobra Khan Member

Oh boy, looks like I owe another apology, I have been stepping in it a lot these days, this time I owe it to the overt politically correct amongst us. My uses of the automobile metaphor having the exact same culpability as that of the firearm in this sensationalized network news story has offended; for that I am truly sorry.

BREAKING NEWS – The crime lab has just reported that the taxicab had over twelve gallons of gasoline in its fuel tank when struck by the Maserati. The disproportionate volume of fuel ignited in the collision resulting in the death of the driver and his passenger. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, whose district includes Las Vegas, suggests that he would support a new law limiting the capacity of all vehicular fuel tanks to ‘just a few pints’ in an effort to thwart potential automobile explosions.

It’s not a joke at the expense of the crime victims loved ones, its a metaphor - an overly sensationalized news story comparing the potential limitation of the size of the fuel tank to that of limiting the size of the magazine on a firearm; yet neither the car nor the gun have any culpability in this nor any other crime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.