1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting on multiple teams, same league?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fcd67, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fcd67

fcd67 Member

We have a 16 week 400 target league. Everyone shoots 25 a night. A few of us want to shoot 50 a night so I thought we should start another team. So the 5 of us on the second team would be on the board twice. Each shooter would have an average for each team he shot on. Some guys don't think that is fair. They think you would have a better chance at top gun. I am wondering how leagues handle this as it has never been done in our league.
    Thanks
    Sean

2. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

We do it frequently and have had no issues.

3. fcd67

fcd67 Member

twoatloweight do they have separate averages or one average?

4. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

My club has been shooting Wednesday night trap leagues for 7 years. We always shoot some kind of short yardage singles event (like 16 straight or 16 wobble) and then we take the individual scores and decide where they shoot their handicap round. Or we will have a team handicap where everyone on the team shoots from the same yardage. We switch out what format we're shooting in every league.

We have awards that are given out at the end of each league for top gun and second place, and then we also give awards to the top two teams. It works really well. We shoot 50 targets at a minimum, and we'll also throw in a round of poor man doubles (26 targets) for those hard core competitors.

Kevin

5. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Averages are figured for each team.

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

The only problem I have seen with shooting two teams is when you are scheduled to close together, causing you to be shooting on one team, and the other is called to shoot at the same time. You can work around that usually.

7. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

Sean,

I shot at a place where we were allowed to shoot on two teams in the same league. I did this for several years. It was handled as if you were two different shooters. At the end of a 10 week league my average was within 5 targets of one another, most the time it wasn't even that many. I shot a different night at another club and there was a bigger difference in averages between the two clubs than the two teams from one club. The only issue is if a shooter is combining all his good scores for one team, then others have a legitimate complaint. If the person is shooting with a team this usually isn't a problem as the team scores are kept together. If the shooter is on an individual basis he must first commit to which average his score is going on before he shoots. I hope this helps but it still may not keep others from complaining.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.