1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Shooting of 17-year-old AL Girl & Travon Martin

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

"Shooting of 17-year-old Alabama girl compared to Trayvon Martin case"

"The Trayvon Martin case has gripped Americans since February 26, but Florida isn’t the only state reeling from the shooting of a 17-year-old at the hands of a man who claims he acted in self-defense.

A coastal community next door in Alabama is suffering over its own tragic episode that shares some similarities with the Sanford, Fla. case.

The Mobile Press-Register reported that 17-year-old Summer Moody, a star high school volleyball player in Baldwin County, Ala., was shot in the head April 15 after authorities said she and three other teens were caught breaking into a fish camp early in the morning...

The Gravine Island shooting has been compared to the Martin case because both victims were the same age and both cases involve questions of whether the shooters were within the boundaries of the law in shooting the teens in order to, according to the shooters’ accounts, protect themselves and their property..."

http://news.yahoo.com/shooting-17-old-alabama-girl-compared-trayvon-martin-044806744.html

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Active Member

It was a burglary. Shots were fire to scare off the burglars. Evidently, one shot accidentally struck the girl. Three boys, her accomplices are still in Jail.

Apples and oranges.

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

So, I see the East getting pounded by a snow storm, while we here in Denver will be having a high of 85.

Serves us right hogging all the snowfall this winter.

Guess you guys need the moisture.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Well-Known Member

Were supposed to get snow here in Pittsburgh but I have noe even seen any flurries yet. Maybe later today. What's your weather like. Mike.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

We had less than a 1/2" of snow this whole last winter. My 4yr old had new snow boots and snow bibs he didn't even use. The way he is growing like a weed, we may as well sell them. Personally, I didn't miss the snow at all.

6. Rick Barker

So The Idiot in Chief is giving a speech at the Holocaust Museum right now rambling on like he does, covering topics like:

A. How we must end all hatred in all forms.

B. How he will always be there for Israel.

C. How we must stop the brutal killing of people in other countries by evil regines and bring to trial those guilty of war crimes.

I would change the channel, but I awoke to find my wife duct taped me to bed, again, so not only can I not move, I can not use the remote.

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 TS Member

Mr Skeet, borrow a May issue of the American rifleman then go to "the armed citizen" and read the tragic event of 3 poor little teenage bastards. The 3 punks skipped school that day and decided to go on a crime spree mugging people. They ambushed a 65 year old cyclist on a public bike trail,but what they didn't know was the cyclist was packing. Bottom line 1 tyrone planted, 1 shot in the neck but lived until next time, the third was arrested. If you plan on committing a violent crime, expect to pay the supreme sacrifice.

8. Rick Barker

Would somebody 'splain to me, why it is today, Monday, it is a beautiful day, clear sky, brillant sun and NO WIND????

Where as this weekend , going shooting, the light was hazy, kinda cool and LOT'S OF WIND?????

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 TS Member

Must have something to do with location.

10. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

Kinda breazy here in Northwest Ohio with a clear blue sky. Glad I shot on Saturday.

Mike Adcock

11. Rick Barker

"For our next number, we need some help from the audience. Those in the cheap seats clap your hands. The rest of you rattle your jewerly."

John Lennon, The Beatles live concert.

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Active Member

It was a burglary. Shots were fire to scare off the burglars. Evidently, one shot accidentally struck the girl. Three boys, her accomplices are still in Jail.

Apples and oranges.

13. Rick Barker

So, I see the East getting pounded by a snow storm, while we here in Denver will be having a high of 85.

Serves us right hogging all the snowfall this winter.

Guess you guys need the moisture.

14. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Well-Known Member

Were supposed to get snow here in Pittsburgh but I have noe even seen any flurries yet. Maybe later today. What's your weather like. Mike.

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

We had less than a 1/2" of snow this whole last winter. My 4yr old had new snow boots and snow bibs he didn't even use. The way he is growing like a weed, we may as well sell them. Personally, I didn't miss the snow at all.

16. Rick Barker

So The Idiot in Chief is giving a speech at the Holocaust Museum right now rambling on like he does, covering topics like:

A. How we must end all hatred in all forms.

B. How he will always be there for Israel.

C. How we must stop the brutal killing of people in other countries by evil regines and bring to trial those guilty of war crimes.

I would change the channel, but I awoke to find my wife duct taped me to bed, again, so not only can I not move, I can not use the remote.

17. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 TS Member

Mr Skeet, borrow a May issue of the American rifleman then go to "the armed citizen" and read the tragic event of 3 poor little teenage bastards. The 3 punks skipped school that day and decided to go on a crime spree mugging people. They ambushed a 65 year old cyclist on a public bike trail,but what they didn't know was the cyclist was packing. Bottom line 1 tyrone planted, 1 shot in the neck but lived until next time, the third was arrested. If you plan on committing a violent crime, expect to pay the supreme sacrifice.

18. Rick Barker

Would somebody 'splain to me, why it is today, Monday, it is a beautiful day, clear sky, brillant sun and NO WIND????

Where as this weekend , going shooting, the light was hazy, kinda cool and LOT'S OF WIND?????

19. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 TS Member

Must have something to do with location.

20. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

Kinda breazy here in Northwest Ohio with a clear blue sky. Glad I shot on Saturday.

Mike Adcock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.