1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting near South Bend?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mimi, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimi

mimi TS Member

Hi!

I'll be moving to South Bend, IN, in May. Can anyone tell me what the closest ranges would be? (not just trap, but skeet, 5-stand, sporting clays, international trap?)?

THANKS!

Mimji

2. new loader

new loader Member

This will get you started. Nose around and you'll find others not listed on the map.

3. quicksand

quicksand Guest

The closest place that shoots trap practice, games and registered targets is Howard Township Gun club in Niles, MI. They get many shooters from South Bend, Elkhart and Goshen.

The Back 40 is a great place to shoot sporting clays. I don't know about registered skeet, but Chain of Lakes in South Bend, and Berrien County Sportsmans Club in Berrien Springs have many good skeet shooters. If trap is your leaning, there are many trap ranges with an hour to hour and half away. I believe the first registered shoot at Fulton County is March 22!!!

Dave

4. benihonjin

benihonjin TS Member

In addition to the previously mentioned clubs there is the Stillwell Rod and Gun club on Hwy. 104 near Kingsbury Indiana. Nice small club with two traps'
    Practice shooting Sunday 10:00am ~ 1:00pm Sunday, Trap games on thursday night.

Skeet and trap is available at the Chain o lakes gun club in South bend.
    Google for times

John

5. philk

philk Member

Howard Township also has a 200yd rifle/pistol range if your interested in that.

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

My information is about 25 years old, but there also used to be a trap club at Dowagiac Michigan.

Back in the mid 80s, Howard Township, Berrien Sportsmans, Chain O'Lakes, and Elkhart all used to have ATA shoots. Now it seems like Howard Township is the only one that still does.

I was a member and Board member of BCSC way back then. At that time we had trap, skeet, both a target and field archery ranges, 200 yard rifle range, and indoor pistol range. Does anybody know how they are today?

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Edwardsberg Mich GC - great club

8. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Hey there is also the St. Joseph County Conservation and Sportsman Club near Sturgis Michigan. We have been running registered ATA shoots again and we have one coming up March 15, with one on April 19. Both events will have 100 singles, 100 handicap, and 50-pair doubles. Youth SCTP shooters are also very welcome as we have food and trophies.

Our club also has a skeet range, plus rifle, handgun, archery, defensive pistol ranges. You can call me at 269-483-6803 for more info as I an a club officer as well as the trap co-ordinator. Club is located at 23640 Featherstone Rd, Sturgis, MI.

Leslie York

Trapgeek

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have lived all in 7 states and you will be in trap heaven in that area. I am envious

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Are there any clubs close to Angola, Indiana? Sturgis Mich is 45 min. St Joe, Ind is 45 min. and Willimas County (Montpelier)Ohio is 45 min. Are there any closer than that?

11. rtclark21

rtclark21 Member

Mimji - check out the Indiana Trapshooters website and click on the 'Gun Club Map' link. It will show all Indiana clubs.

Ryan Clark

12. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

edwardsburg conservation club,2 trap houses,one set for wobble,coverd 65 yd pistol range, coverd 150 yd rifel range,18 3d target through the woods archery course,black powder club,clubhouse,banquet hall,large coverd pavillion,and after shooting cheapest & coldest beer in town on sundays & wens,tues.and a great group of friends. allways have activitys going on,also have 2 new youth trap teams,something for everyone check out our website,$60/ yr membership,mark jones, trap chairman

13. ec90t

ec90t Guest

If Sporting is your game, one of the best places in the country will be very close.

Grand Kankakee is just right down the road in Hanna, IN. A fair shooter by the name of John Kruger holds a couple of shoots there every year.

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
chain o lakes gun club south bend
clay shooting in the michiana area
howard township ata shoots
howard township gun club
skeet shooting in south bend indiana

south bend skeet shooting

sporting clays shoitwrs south bend indiana
trapshooting south bend area