1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Shooting Near Ft.Meyer Area

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Straight99, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Port of the Isles is 55 miles away from Fort Myers. A nice place to shoot. I shoot there every week. Let me know if you need directions. It's hard to find the first time.
  2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

If you just want to fire your gun there is a 1 trap/skeet range going north out of Ft Meyers on the left side on the dump road . Has some pistol berms also . A few of the snow birds go there instead of traveling . About 2-3 miles on the right on that road with little or no signs . If your really interested I can get the name from my brother in law who winters in North Ft. Meyers not far from the range . This is not to be confussed with a real trap range but an outlet .
  3. 686

686 TS Member

north of ft myers about 30 miles is desoto co gun club. they shoot sporting clays on the 1st sun of the mo. $20.00 100 rd. shoot .
  4. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Active Member

If trap shooting is of interest, I feel Ft. Meyers/Naples is the wrong place to settle. Sarasota/ Tarpon Springs better choice.
    Been there ,done that.

Joe Woods/Ontario
  5. shootsome

shootsome Member

I wouldn't bother going to the Port of the Isles in Naples. It's $8.00 a round for non-members to enjoy the opportunity to shoot black rim targets against a green background. That opportunity only exits if they have targets - didn't run out again. Long drive for no targets.
  6. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

http://www.sarasotagunclub.com
  7. REA

REA TS Member

ljutic111
    Hi,

I am near Pine Island near N Ft Meyers. Can you be more specific about the directions to the outlet range? I am looking for a 50-250 yard range to shoot my .22 RF rifle. The babb range had shooters waiting in line the last time up there and it's a hassle.

Is it in Cape Coral? I've been told you can't shoot anywhere in CC or you go to jail. Private property no doubt. I've got another place I'm checking out too.

Thanks. Bob A
  8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

REA , to my recollection to get to that range would be going North over the bridge from Ft Meyers , you go about 15-20 miles or more to where the dump is on your left , big berms with sea gulls all overhead . The next left is where the trucks go in . Then from 2-3 miles on the right . There is also a state/county land off to the right of the highway in that same vicinity that has fishing and hunting with 2 free covered target practice areas that may be better for you . Also a place to set up some hand throwers or battery operated for trap . That may be the babb you had mentioned ?? I`ll post it when I hear from Jim . He was so discouraged he sold his guns and everything to me !!!!
  9. 320090T

320090T Active Member

If you are close to I75 you can get to POI pretty quick. $8.00 per practice round? Wow, registered is how much?
  10. REA

REA TS Member

ljuticIII

I would appreciate more information on that place. ONe of the places I checked out has too many neighbors now.

I assume you are talking about I-75 NW of the Ft Meyers bridge. There is a land fill on Zemal road. There is a formal trap, skeet, rifle range on the north side of the road along there somewhere. It costs something like $400-500 a year to join this private club. Nothing cheap in Florida. This ground you are talking about might be on this road.

The lousy fishing and license costs for non-residents just about has me ready to quit going.

Mr. Charles:

If you go North of Ft Myers on I-75 and take the Tuckers Grade exit near Punta Gorda, the turn east about 1 mile, you will find the Cecil M Webb shooting range. You can shoot shotguns but there aren't any machines. Some shooters used to get together early on Wednesday mornings with a 3/4 cock thrower. You shot two rounds and left a case of birds. Do a search for Florida shooting ranges and it will be listed. Two mornings are for repairs till around 10 am.
    Very busy place. $3.00 a day per person and $27 a year. Better than nothing. I just hate to drive 25 miles and waiting lines.
  11. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

REA , yes they are both the same places we spoke of . The club on Zemal Rd is membership only and high as I remember plus the owner was there but couldn`t be bothered to speak with us and Tucker exit off 41 and 75 is the Webb Forest Reserve county run for pistol shooting .
  12. REA

REA TS Member

ljutic111

It sounds like the state/county land you are talking about isn't on Zemal rod, but Tuckers Grade. Is that right?
  13. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

My brother in law isn`t all that precise , he lived in PA for a few years !!! He said Tuckers Pass !! Must be Tuckers Grade and yes Zemil Rd is where the private club is . I remember 41 and 75 come very close together at that road . Only one way into the county land . Neither have much for an avid trap shooter -- thats why I have his guns .
  14. REA

REA TS Member

Thanks for clarifying that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.