1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting more games to support your club

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim Porter, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Once again I do so wish that I could shoot skeet with our small club without paying the full toll. Our club is small and volunteer. We need targets in the air. Me and a few friends that shoot trap would like to shoot in an upcoming skeet shoot NOT FOR PRIZES OR MONEY and WE DON"T MIND PAYING DAILY FEES AND TARGET FEES but we would have to pay the entire years toll to shoot. It will cost me about $150 to shoot 200 targets. EVERYBODY LOOSES in this deal. We need target fees, NSSA dosn't get our daily fees, the club dosn't get target fees. I don't need a Skeet Review or a National Listing.

Why OH why can't the shooting sports come to some kind of recriporcal agreement where we can shoot and just have fun when we so desperately need shooters and target fee money. I don't want NSSA to keep track of my scores, let us referee our own squads (we will not be shooting for anything anyway)Why with all the computers can't there be an agreement the we could do this until we shoot a minimum number of "un-registered" targets, say 300 or 500, and then have to join full throttle or not shoot anymore. We do everything humanly possible to de-rail anyone wanting to join and shoot. No wonder skeeters cuss trappers and vice versa, we don't get to know each other!

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Sporting Clays.

Hunter Class is offered at most shoots and you don't have to be a member of the NSCA. If offered, seperate awards.

However, starting in 2009 you will be required to pay daily NSCA fees.

3. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

what do you mean "full toll" ? nssa membership is $40

we do a fun shoot. we decide entry fee. we score. we have a handicap for sub gauge. 2 extra birds for 20. 4 for 28. 6 for 410. we take half the entry money and split 60/40 for the 1st & 2nd place. save the other half for a banquet later. seems to have a good participation...

ernie

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The answer is simple, as ernie suggests, throw fun shoots, bi-weekly or monthly club shoots, why register?.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

5. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

We have a monthly Lewis Class Trapshoot - we had 17 shooters Sunday with a start time of 1PM

50 singles & 50 caps (shooters shoot 1 yard behind their established ATA yardage).

18 bucks per shooter with 3 Lewis Style Payouts.

We also have drawings for Gator Tears - Remoil - Hats - Breakfree CLP - etc.

Lots of fun and we have them year round!

FRedmon

Not sure what the Skeet guys do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.