1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shooting mentor

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PARebel, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PARebel

PARebel Member

As both of my sons are grown and on there own now, I was thinking of mentoring a youngster for trapshooting. Has any one on T.S. com. have any experience with this. Where would I go to start ? Are the Big Brothers/Big Sisters biased about the shooting sports ? Thanks, Lawson Rupert.

2. david

david Member

What a kind think to offer. I hope you get many replies and some great younsters to mentor!

David

3. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

You may check to see if there is a 4-H shooting sports program in your area. I am volunteering in my area this year. My area also has an introductory trap program in conjuntion with a number of gun clubs in memory of a young trap shooter, Chad Herbst, who was killed in a wreck. This program will hopefully bring more kids into the shooting sports. My kids have gotten into the sport in large part because of the memorial shoot program. Maybe one of the local clubs would know of a youngster who is looking for a mentor.

Just a couple of ideas.

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hi, Lawson. Are you from Pennsylvania? If so, and you are somewhere in York County, you can contact Roger Beardsley through this website (ts.com). He is an SCTP coach here, and I'm sure he can get you started on your kind mission.

Just post a thread with his name in the title and he will find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.