1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shooting instructer for a youth in helena MT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bob radasch, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob radasch

bob radasch Guest

We will be spending the summer in Helena MT this summer and I would like to find someone that my 10 year old daughter can get shooting (trap) instruction from. Any suggestions???

She has been shooting for about 6 month - uses a BT-99 and can handle 7/8 oz 12 g shells.
    thanks
    Bob

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Helena has a great club...you will enjoy shooting there.

Rick in Mt.

3. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Come over to the Club for a visit and we will get you fixed up. Our Club President has Coached a ton of youngsters. We shoot Wed and Saturday.
    Your previous poster Ric is affiliated with the Great Falls TC ...another great place to shoot. Worth a ride up north one Wed or Sun to give them a try.

Frank Nowakowski
    Board member Helena TC

4. 870aa

870aa TS Member

Doesnt Derek Stringer give lessons? He would be a good one to get a hold of.

5. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Stringer lives in Butte.....a short 60 miles to the south and worth the drive.
    Derek was giving lessons at one time.....not sure he is now. If you would like me to find out, just PM me and I will give him a call.

Like FN said...Russ Watnum has instructed kids for years, and he is at the club.

Rick in Mt.

6. bob radasch

bob radasch Guest

I will first give Russ a call and see what we can get set up. I feel I have taken her as far as I can - Im not the best taecher and I have found that my kids always listen to another adult a lot better than they will listen to me.

Thanks everyone for the input
    Bob R

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.