1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting in Vegas

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tekyn gold, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tekyn gold

Tekyn gold TS Member

I will be in Vegas Aug. 9, 10, 11 like to some shooting, Is Nellis Trap & Skeet my best bet??

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

If you want to shoot trap, Las Vegas Gun Club is the best bet. Nellis has trap, skeet, 5 stand, but it's best for sporting clays. Call the gun club and they'll tell you when they're open and how to get in.

3. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Desert Lakes Sporting Clays in Boulder City is great for that and you can rent a gun, cart and go! Just start shooting at 7am. You can't shoot mid-day in the August heat.

4. gusto777

gusto777 Member

The Las Vegas Gun Club is open on Sundays from 7;30 am to 11:30 am. Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. You can call the club at 702/645-5606. Be sure to shoot as early in the mornings as possible as the heat gets pretty intense as the day moves along. Also the Nellis Trap and Skeet Club is only open Wenesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. You can reach them at 702/652-1937. Desert Lakes is temporarily closed.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Las Vegas Gun Club for the experience of a lifetime, they treat people right ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

A word of advice: Looking at the current temperatures in Las Vegas (110 deg.)
    I recommend shooting trap at the Las Vegas Gun Club where you can shoot 25 targets and run back into the clubhouse to cool off.
    As much as I love the sporting clays course at Nellis, when you're out there there's no placed to hide. Unless they're still letting shooters out at 7:00 AM like they used to, you will fry if you're on the course after 9AM.

7. gusto777

gusto777 Member

Dickgtax . . . . do live in Las Vegas? If so where do you shoot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

las vegas trap five stand

nellis trap and skeet club