1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting in the Cayman Islands

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cueguy2, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

I am traveling to the Cayman Islands for a week in November. I have been told that there are two gun clubs there. No idea of what they throw. Does anyone know anything about this? Nubs Wagner

2. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

Nubs,

I've been to the cayman islands but never shot there. I did find this listing on Shooting-hunting.com:

CAYMAN ISLANDS GUN CLUB,INC
    Address: BOX 31493 SMB GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLAND
    Voice: 809-949-9529 Fax:
    SHOOTING RANGE, SKEET, RIFLE

Good luck and if you do get to shoot, make another post with some pics when you return.

Tom

3. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Thanks for the info. If things go right, we may be moving there for 5 years. I doubt much ATA in that time, but would still like to shoot some kind of targets. Nubs.

4. seaone

seaone TS Member

The Caymans are a nice place to visit, but remember to bring ALOT of money.
    US dollar is worth approximately .60 Cayman. Besides the disparity in monetary value, everything costs almost twice as much as in the states. Caymanians are some of the richest people in the world. They are also very friendly.

I go about every two years or so to dive. Its changed significantly since Hurrican Ivan hit them. But it is a very beautiful place. Have fun!

Ken Flanagan

5. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Expensive for sure. We are making the visit to find out how expensive before my wife has to make a decision on the job. From what I can find out so far, the only target shooting is skeet. Hey, I will need a new gun, so it is not all bad. Will let you know. Nubs

6. TANGO ECHO

TANGO ECHO TS Member

I used to go to Cayman every winter but have not been down for a few years now. I quit diving so i could spend more time shooting trap.The money exchange is one dollar cayman{CI} is $1.25 US. the CI dollar is peged to the US dollar so the rate does not change. They do shoot trap there but it is very controlled you must keep your shotgun in a locked safe at all times when not in use. The police will check this out before you get your permit. Amno is also under strict control.There was a newspaper story in the Caymah Compass { local paper} where a visitor was arrested for having one .22 rimfire round. Be very careful about taking any firearms or amno into Cayman without proper permits! This is a British Crown Colony and the Brits are very antigun!It may or maynot be harder for Americans to get permits than Brits or Cayman citizens. I don't know as I never tried to get a permit but I did talk to people who had permits and they all said you had to jump through lots of hoops. But do not try to take guns or amno in without the permits you will find yourself in a lot of trouble real quick! As I said I have not been down for a few years and things may have changed but I doubt it! It may be worse now! It has great weather, great diving and very nice people.Great place to visit but take lots of money!
    Tango Echo

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

it may be twice as expensive and a lot of natives dont make much but those moving there often make several times what they make in their own country

a million dollar home is nothing there

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
cayman islands gun permit process
cayman islands skeet shooting

grand cayman shooting range

grand cayman shooting sports
gun clubs in camen islands
shooting at obar in cayman islands