1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting in Ohio

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

We left Snow Shoe, midstate at O dark:30, and it was 35 degrees. By the time we hit Youngstown the sun was up and it was clear & bright and the temp hit 40. We started to notice the bridges were wet and finally discovered the reason by the time we were west of Akron on I-76 when we encountered the truck spraying anti-freeze liquid on the bridges. (a big sign at each bridge proclaims that bridges freeze before the road, don't y'know). Barb observed that the thermometer had hit 45, and by the time we hit Maringo at noon, it had hit 50; but never mind, they were still spraying the bridges. What can they be thinking? Thank god the folks who run the state of Ohio aren't running the Cardinal Center. Speaking of the Cardinal Center, there's a big construction project at the bridge from I-71, and I'm not sure you can get to the trap grounds from the Columbus direction. The shooting grounds and the facilities look terrific, and I can't wait for the Buckeye.

Best...mike

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Overtime is time and a half!!

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

you can get off 71 going north and cross the bridge but you cannot go from cardinal north unless you exit the rear of the cardinal parking lot, turn left, turn left again and then I believe another left and enter 71 north from the other side of the bridge. This was as of last week and may change as the construction moves on. You can exit going south and enter the grounds as normal. motordoc

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I'll bet Jack gets it straight before any big shoot.

5. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Is there a shoot this weekend? thanks. Birdtracker

6. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

7. eperry

eperry Member

probably a subversive plot by the ATA

8. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I heard.......The major part of that construction project should be completed prior to the Buckeye shoot. Im sure Mr Fishburn will monitor the progress.:)

9. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

It occurred to me that birdtracker was asking about something perhaps going on at Maringo this week. We were passing through and always stop for a bowl of chicken corn soup and to visit the trap grounds for a look-see, it being such a beautiful facility. sorry I wasn't clear about our stop and was confusing about our just passing through.

best...mike

10. APrice

APrice Active Member

Maringo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.