1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by halfmile, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Green Bay Wisconsin
    So basically, what you are saying is that the Kiwis give up "just a little" bit of their freedom in order to be "safer".

I see that their collar has a velvet inner lining in order to be a little more comfortable.

In New York City, they give Up way more of their freedom for the same benefit. It doesn't seem to work there. Chicago has a handgun ban. Yeah right, for the law abiding.

In California if you have so much chance of getting shot, why is it they have more restrictive gun laws than the rest of the country? Don't these laws make you "safe"?

I am happy you had a good NZ experience, and I would love to go there for the hunting and varmint shooting opportunities. However, extolling the virtues of firearm restrictions is not advancing the cause of freedom.

Don't make the mistake of assuming their "Lo Cal" gun control is the reason for all that safety. It seems that they control who immigrates there much more than we do. You have to show visible means of support, either in employment or financial holdings.

Can't say the same about California. But that's not the problem, is it? How many of the violence prone there are employed or have an income?

Maybe New zealand is a saner place for other reasons than gun laws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shooting in new zealand

trap shooting new zealand