1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting in New Mexico

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cueguy, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cueguy

cueguy Member

I may be moving to New Mexico in the near future. What is the shooting like? How many clubs, etc. Would be living in Los Alamos. Nubs Wagner

2. rustygun

rustygun Member

Joe90t would be the go to guy for New Mexico shooting, if he doesn't see this thread you might private message him.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The ATA clubs are shown at the link above.

4. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

cueguy, Welcome to New Mexico Even If you do not move.There are (11) Trap Clubs in New Mexico. Hobbs-Roswell-Alamogordo-Silver City---T or C--Belen- Albuquerque- Farmington--Raton--NRA/WC @ Raton----AND LOS Alamos. Nice Friendly People With Some Great Clubs. NRA/WC located A little Southwest Of Raton Is The Biggest Club We Have. I Mentioned The City Names So You can Have An Idea About How Far apart some of the Clubs are from each other. William (Bill) Clark Is The Gentleman That runs the Club At Los Alamos and He Is A GREAT PERSON.The N.M.State shoot Will Be June 21-24 At Raton Trap Club And The Southwest Zone Site Will Be At Albuquerque Trap Club In July. If I Can Be Of ANY Assistance Please E-Mail Me At joe90t@yahoo.com Joe Whitehurst President New Mexico Trapshooting Assocation.

5. wlc

wlc Member

Here is the link to the Los Alamos Sportsmens Club.

http://www.la-sc.org/

I also sent a PM. Hope to hear from you.

6. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

twostraight, Silver City only has (2) ATA registered Shoots this year. April & Sept. joe90t

7. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

From what a buddy of mine in Albuquerque told me, shooting in New Mexico is about like shooting anywhere else..... you're either on 'em, or you're not....

Mikey D.

8. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

I had the chance a few years ago to shoot at the Raton Gun club (not the NRA center). What a great little club, EVERYBODY there was super friendly and went the extra mile to introduce themselves and make sure I felt right at home.

I Will go back if i'm ever in the area again. (I live in Missouri)

Dennis Whitlock

9. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

I like to shoot in New Mexico. The only trouble I had to start with was shooting in front of angle targets. I was shooting practice and didn't know what I was doing wrong. I heard some one laughing, I turned around to see who it was. It was Pete Arvas. He said that I was shooting at least 2 feet in front of my angles. I shot 2 3/4-7 1/2 federal papers and that cured my problem. I thought the targets was slow to what I was use too. They just seem to float.

10. cueguy

cueguy Member

hey, thanks for all the info. Makes me feel a lot better if she gets the job. Chances are pretty good right now. Will see what happens. Nubs Wagner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

alamogordo trap shooting

hobbs trap club

roswell nm trap club

trap shooting in roswell nm