1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting in Frog Toggs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kenf, Aug 12, 2013.

1. kenf

kenf Active Member

If caught having to shoot in the rain does anyone put on a Frog Toggs outfit to keep the layer thickness to a minimum?

2. meister

meister TS Member

Yes; I never go to a shoot without my froggies; greatest thing for cold weather and rain and still keeps my outerwear to a minimum. I even have a backup pair for when my current froggies wears out. Next best thing to heaven.

3. trw

trw Member

They are good for their intended purpose; you can buy them with confidence, they work! Don't sweat it;-) Buy the camos & you can get more use from them, if you are a foul weather hunter.

4. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

I have a set that I have used for several years. They do work but the problem is that they say they BREATHE but I don't see it. I find myself wetter from sweat than rain when I take them off. I have them in my truck at all times. I have worn them clearing snow in the winter and during major storms in the summer. They work but you are wearing a form of tyvek suit and if you have ever worn the 1 piece suit you know what I'm talking about.

George Ware

5. Zoom.Golly

Zoom.Golly Well-Known Member

I use them. I shoot in a vest and wear them under a vest.

I have two sets. One a standard set I wear in cooler weather.

I have another set for hot weather. I got this idea from a post here at TS.com. I bought another set of their lighter weight Dri Ducks ($17 on sale). In hot weather I don't like the sleeves sticking on my bare arms. So, I have cut off the hood, and the sleeves at the elbows. I wear that in hot weather under a light vest and over a short sleeve shirt, shorts, and sandals. They fit in my range bag.

I have also cut off the bottoms off at the knees to wear over shorts in a gully washer. Dunno how that works as I haven't tried it yet.

6. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

I currently have two pairs of the Frogg Toggs. I live in the Puget Sound area of Washington State. Certain times of the year, If you do not shoot in the rain. You simply do not shoot much around here. Best rain gear made for what we do. I originally got them for golfing because a person can move with them on. They are great.

Jim Bradbury