1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting in fog.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I seen Bill Grills post on shooting in snow and it reminded me of one evening at the range when there was a very dense fog.

When the lights are shining on the fog it's just like putting on your hi-beams while driving in the fog, the light seems to reflect. When you shoot in the fog the heat from the shot cuts tunnels right through the fog. Afetr a short period the holes slowly fill and you do it all over again. Really neat seeing the tunnels get blasted through the fog. Has anyone else shot on a foggy night? Mike.

2. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

I remember a small shoot in early August by the airport in Dayton Oh, the fog was so thick you could not see the trap house. Didn't start the shoot until about 11am would have been a lot of tunnels if we had started sooner.

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Bulge, I have it from a few sources that you've spent the last few years in a "fog" so shooting in one should pose no problem for you.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Bruce, ever since I got on Ts.com and met you I have been in a fog. LOL. Mike.

5. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

fog, snow falling straight down and rall falling straight down, you can see the holes blasted out by the shot

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Where am I can't see a dam thing!

7. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Silver Dollar - 2011 Southern Grand

FRedmon

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

North Carolina Homegrounds - 2004 NC State Shoot - Ron & Jimmy Wilson.....

FRedmon

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I like to shoot in the fog or snow. The tunnel are a neat thing to see.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

When I was younger we used to go to a yearly benefit shoot for the local Childrens Hospital (Pittsburgh) at the Pony Farm Club. One year it was snowing big flakes and foggy too, so we got the tunnel (hole) effect too. It was good fun and for the kids too. Took hours to dry the shotguns off and out!

11. moose!!!

moose!!! Member

kind of like tracer rounds

12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

wpairishshot, was that shoot hosted by Dr. Paul Paris? He sponsored a shoot for all the Pittsburgh emergency personnel and I reloaded several thousand sheels for him to keep his costs down. I also taught the newbies that never shot before. Mike.

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

No pics but many a morning shooting in Vandalia one would have had the opportunity. One year this century, the shooting time was moved to between 11 n 12 if memory serves due to the intensity of said fog.

14. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

At my home club, the fog is a regular thing. Actually, because we are on the top of a mountain, it is cloud, but who can tell the difference? The only time we can guarantee no fog is in the heat of the summer. If you shoot in it regularly, brown lenses are the trick. They make the birds really pop in contrast to the fog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shooting in fog