1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting high

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tommy67, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy67

Tommy67 Member

I shoot a Browning XT, 30" bbl., Monte Carlo stock with a RAD, non adjustable comb. The gun shoots high for me, regardless of how I adjust the RAD. I get the hardest breaks if my point of sight is about a foot below the target, but that is hard to get used to. I have gained about 15 extra pounds in the past few months, 162 t0 177, due to an ankle injury that has interfered with exercise. I don't know if that makes much difference, just looking for ideas. Any suggestions out there?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Make a small rib about 4 inches long and 3/8 of an inch thick. Make it out of balsa wood that you can paint black. Attach it to the existing rib by the front sight. You can use a beaded pin for a front sight. That should lower you POI. You can fine tune it and then order a custom add on rib if you want. HMB

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Take some wood off your comb.

4. David P.

David P. TS Member

Why not just have Tron put an adjustable comb on it. If you tell him it shoots high now, he can remove extra wood at the cut to lower your comb (POI). If you loose the weight you can add washers to raise the comb back up. Just a thought.
    David

5. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

I would shoot it for a while before I changed anything..You might like a high shooting gun after you get used to it.......LHT

6. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

I would shoot it for a while before I changed anything..You might like a high shooting gun after you get used to it.......LHT

7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

When you say, "...about a foot below the target..." what do you mean? The width of your barrel covers about 3' at 36 yards. Are you holding further under the bird than the width of your barrel?

8. vegas steve

vegas steve TS Member

i would wait too. i have the exact opposite problem,my special sporting 30" shoots too flat. i wish i could get mine to shoot a little higher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.