1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Gouge near Seattle

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gbt2, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbt2

gbt2 Member

Moving to Seattle and looking for shooting gouge.

Are there any member owned (non-profit) clubs?

Thanks...greg

2. medic23

medic23 Member

Greg, go to claytargetsonline.com and do a search in Washington. There are several clubs in the greater Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia area that you can look into. You can also search the PITA website for other clubs that might not be listed on claytargets.
    Ben M.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

A gouge is a rounded chisel, or a cavity or groove that has been scooped out. HMB

4. gbt2

gbt2 Member

Well I can see things haven't changed that much in the 3 years that I haven't visited this website.

"Gouge" also means to extract or extort information...look it up in the damn dictionary before you opine.

To the non-jackass members reading this post:

I have Black's Wing and Clay and already know the placenames of the various clubs. I am looking for more specific intel...frequency of shooting/shoots, membership size, price of a round, leagues...are any of them member owned?

greg

5. Toddy

Toddy Member

Hello,

I am Canadian but I will give you the info I have on Trap clubs around Seattle.

There is the Old Skaggit gun club and the Bellingham Gun Club along with the 1 I have shot at a couple of Grand shoots is Evergreen Sportsman's Club with 36 Traps and a 40 yd. Trap and has over 2000 members....I liked shooting there.

Bob Dodd or Terry Dienner or Dane Widen could steer you straight.

Reg. Todd

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Take a look in the mirror. HMB

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Greg, Gets a little crazy here in the winter, however ther are a good number of civil people on also. Bill

8. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

come back in another 3 yrs

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

too funny...

10. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Yeah, here is "The List" of them.

THE LIST

2str8>>>>>BANNED

Flincher100

Hunter44

dwain

Jakeroo

Ziggy>>>>>>>BANNED

likes to shoot-BILL I vote for whomever the UNION says to vote for..

dahaub - DITTO to the above.

Trappy 12

nipper

doggai

Trapshooter 421

Jerry944T

sgb1100

Fearlessfain

Mr Newbius

Swanny>>>>>>BANNED

CharlesK80

CharlesR1100

Of course some can't come on here anymore.

Tom(AJ100)

[​IMG]

11. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I didn't invent "The List" you will have to ask the guy that put it together.

But I will take credit for helping to push those three over the edge.

Tom(AJ100)

12. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

And bill, I don't hate any of you guys on that list. I always thought you all were pretty amusing. How could anyone "hate" something or someone that makes them laugh?

Tom(AJ100)

[​IMG]

13. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Don't forget Gig Harbor out of Tacoma and over the "Narrows Bridge." Supposed to be very friendly and a lot of fun but I've never attended. Understand, gbt2, western Washington and Oregon are in the middle of PITA land and ATA birds are harder to find....Bob Dodd

14. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

Dear GBT:

I looked <i>gouge</i> up in <a>http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gouge</a>
    and could not find your definition.

I am sure it is some other dictionary, but I think, in all fairness, you would have to agree that the use of this word as you used it-is a <i>rara avis</i>.

I wonder if the meaning comes from the fact that <i>scoop, or to scoop</i> is one of the definitions of gouge. Thus what is the scoop on...? The word scoop as the following entry in its definition:

Informal. news, information, or details, esp. as obtained from experience or an immediate source: What's the scoop on working this machine?

15. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

The thought of NOT paying that guy never entered my mind.

Of course at the time I didn't think I would have to. I hope he sent it to the DNC in my name. Like he said he was going to do. That way he didn't get any enjoyment out of it.

I bought a beer that night for the 9 guys that were standing around at the end of the league shoot. Told them it was on John McCain, me, and ziggy. They wanted to know which member of their "gun club" voted for obama. They thought I was jerking them around, making it up.

They said they wanted to meet this guy.

I told them.

Tom(AJ100)

[​IMG]

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

ght2, Trying hard not to be a jackass but a lover of language the term gouge, as you used it, is not used much in new world english. In fact I have never seen it but understood your meaning by it's use in context.

The dictionary I use has no version of how you use it, yet I can see the reasons that it could be used as such. Is it possibly an old world term? Welsh, Irish or Scots, perhaps?

17. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

gbt2, since the Admiral mentions what I decided to avoid, I too looked up gouge in an on-line and a published dictionary and can not find any suggestion that gouge could be used as you suggest; with the closest being, "an act of extortion; swindle." Although the published dictionary did carry it further to include being "gouged or over charged/swindled."

The reason I'm willing to step into the debate is that your remarks aimed at Ajax were uncalled for and you should know or will learn that Ajax is one of the reliable, giving, and informational contributors to this forum whether you found your definition and his fun response, including his saying he was "Not trying to be a smart ass," inapproprirate. I can guarantee Ajax meant no insult to you while giving you the name of several clubs you may want to look into.....breakemall anyway.....Bob Dodd

18. Irfner

Irfner TS Member

I have never heard it used this way myself but it seems appropriate for a Navy man.

[edit] U.S. Navy Slang
    In U.S. Navy jargon, gouge is the essential piece of information; the heart of the matter; or outstanding test-preparation material (such as an old test copy). A person who is tired of hearing all the extraneous information surrounding a problem might exclaim "Just give me the gouge!"

Originated at the U.S. Naval Academy and introduced from there into the wider navy, where it sees less frequent usage.

19. Barry C. Roach

how interesting

20. Barry C. Roach

you should try to learn something new every day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.