1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOOTING GLOVES

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

FOLKS ,

I was looking for some information on a pair of shooting gloves and after a search it seemed that the " GUN GLOVE " had pretty good reviews-so I bought a pair. They appear to be pretty good ,although I have not shot in them yet as they just arrived today . I felt good about purchasing not only from an American company but also one from my state of New Jersey .

I am somewhat dissappointed in the fact that they were made in Viet Nam . IF I had been in a store I would not have made such a purchase .I could return them for a full refund ( company policy ), but I won't . I know so many of our purchases are imported-including my Browning -either Japan or Europe - but since I remember that sh**hole everytime I try to take a step I would rather not deal with them . Just my opinion .

I'm sorry I have to say the gloves look very well made .

Like I stated -it is only my opinion
    SEMPER FI
    SOUP

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have used lots of gloves. The Summer weight Gun Gloves are the BEST that I have found. They wear very well. I usually get about a year out of a pair (shooting autos which are hard on gloves). I have been using them for five years now.

Jim Skeel

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

The war's over man............I was there too, '67-'68. Sixty percent disabled from GSWs recieved in combat..........., I use "GunGloves" myself and I don't care if they're handsewn by Ho Chi Minh's grand-daugther.....they're the best.

John C. Saubak

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I use FootJoy synthetic leather golf glove(s).....tried "Mechanics Glove" last weekend for a cold weather shoot....didn't keep my trigger finger warm....

5. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I use Armor all batting gloves in the summer and Newman coaching gloves for colder temps.

6. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

Had the Thinner black and tan Browning gloves did not last 2 months wore a hole in the palm from tang on my CG. Was at Menards a couple of weeks ago and they had some mechanics type gloves on sale at $4.99 per pair so I bought several have used them the last few weeks and they seem just fine.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I buy the cheapest golf glove (RH only) I can buy. Las Vegas Discount Golf has them for about $6.00. They last about a year.

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i use winter golf gloves. they are inexpensive, grip well, warm enough, unless you shoot in below zero.
    steve balistreri

9. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Gun Gloves all the way..

Guy Babin

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I have had good luck with Bob Allen's "shotgunner" gloves, but then I'm a realistic - when you only pay a few bucks, I'll only get a season out of them - plus they begin to smell, etc... from the buckets of sweat they absorb.

I've bought John Nordstrom leather driving gloves from Nordstrom on sale and they are very nice, but I do treat them with leather conditioner. I've also bought driving gloves from Neiman Marcus and they've held up very well over the years - use conditioner on them also.

I just ordered some promotional shooting gloves from Orvis - $9.95/pr - see website - bought a couple pair to try - not received yet... I'll follow back,

regards all,

jay

11. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

I get a lot more usage out of the Bob Allen gloves than the previous posters, but I take care of them and am using 3 pair right now, one of them for driving rather than shooting. The Gun Glove is OK, but the fabric part doesn't last long.
    My favorite is the Cabelas Pittards leather shooting glove. You can hand-wash these in Woolite and they come out clean and unshrunken. If OJ was using these he would have been convicted becuase the glove would still have fit. Cabelas is often out of stock on these. I have been trying to buy a second pair, because any time I find something that I really like they quit making them.

12. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Try these they are the best I have found
    http://www.gripswell.com/gsi.ph
    Pete

13. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

In cold weather I use the Footjoy winter golf gloves in black. When they are on sale at Dick's for $19.95 I pick up a couple. They seem to hold up fairly well.

14. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I like Gun Gloves and use them. But I think the original poster's point was not about the quality of the gloves, but where they were made...specifically, not in the USA.

A couple of years ago a friend of mine gave me a little guff about buying a wicking type shooting T from Kolar made overseas rather than buying Under Armor made in the USA. I live in Maryland which is where Under Armor originated.

That resonated with me....unfortunately, Under Armor's stuff is made in overseas also.

My personal view is that if you want your company to benefit from the freedom and rule of law of the USA, then make your stuff here or be taxed heavily on your overseas production.

Otherwise, you can always go set up a Russian company and then when you are profitable Putin and his gang can throw you in jail and take it, eh?

15. old george

old george TS Member

I've had the best luck with Kangaroo leather gloves from Cabellos.
    old george

16. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Leather golf gloves (whatever's on sale) year round.

17. soup

soup Member

BARON 23 ,

That was EXACTELY my point . I thought I clearly stated this was not a quality issue. I'm just wondering how long & how much of this import -import -import WE CAN ALL TAKE before we one day awaken to an antique sign 'MADE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA " and as a shooter of a Browning( a fine quality gun )
    I'm as guility as the next guy !!!

My intention is not to run across the field waving the flag-although I'd be damn proud to do it -I just TRY to keep as much of our (AMERICANS )money & JOBS here in the USA as I can.

I wish you all the best of GODS health & AMERICANS freedom. Thank you for my minute on the soapbox.

SEMPER FI ,
    BILL

18. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Browning (Japan), Krieghoff (Germany), Perazzi & Beretta (Italy);

How many old WWII vets are shooting guns made by their former enemies? The war's OVER guy, get over it.

John C. Saubak

19. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would much prefer to wear gloves that were made in the USA south of the Mason-Dixon line (MD is an exception). I do my best to honor the fallen brave Confederates. So far, I am forced to shoot without gloves.

Pat Ireland

20. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

I have a pair of Browning gloves and a pair of Gun Gloves. Both falling apart. Both less than three months old. Going back to the thin leather batting gloves. Usually get at least a year out of a pair for less than half the money.Also don't mind buying sweat shop items. Those little brown bastards gotta eat too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.