1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shooting gloves

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by birdogs, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Some years ago there were a number of companies which made custom gloves. I believe that you traced your hands on a piece of paper and they made gloves based on those tracings. They even made the gloves with a slight inward curl at the palm to be more ergonomic. Does anyone know of any such manufacturers? I have scoured the internet to no avail.

I would like to have a couple of pairs made in different leathers, primarily for upland hunting. I have tried and currently use golf gloves, batting gloves, Boyt and Bob Allen gloves and they are all OK but not exactly right.

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Doesn't anyone know of a source?

3. davetrack

davetrack TS Member

don't know the site but just buy golf gloves. Work great and they wear out buy another. not too expensive about $6-7 each.

my 2 cents

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The problem with Golf gloves is that the only ones I can find consistantly are white and usually only for the left hand.

5. Ka9bce

Ka9bce TS Member

birdogs
    I just bought two pair of black Kodiak winter golf gloves for ten bucks a pair, they look and feel good, time will tell how long they last. Paul

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Go to some place like Dicks, or a golf/pro shop and look for winter golf gloves. They come in pairs and are usually black. Foot Joy, Etonics, and several others make them. You can get them with Thinsulate, Gore-Tex, or a combination of both. The gloves Eddie mentioned are good too.

Wayne

7. Danby

Danby Member

I bought golf rain gloves , they came in pairs and when it rains they get more grip and aren't as heavy as winter gloves mine are black also

8. radeck

radeck Member

I go to the pro shop at my local golf course to buy FootJoy SciFlex gloves. You can get both RH and LH gloves. The thinner, form fitting to your hand gloves are a bit more money. But I seem to feel the gun better in my hand with the thinner gloves. They last about 4 - 5 months and are available in a variety of sizes. I tried several sizes on and choose the Medium Large.

9. 16gun

16gun Member

I've not seen them mentioned yet but the Filson upland glove is fantastic. A bit pricey but I have the original pair I bought about 10 years ago. They have been to Michigan and Kansas every year and they have only broken a few stitches at the finger tips. (Easily repaired) Look them over birdogs I believe you'll like them. Oh, one more thing, they do require a little break in time. Jerry

10. open choke

open choke TS Member

"The Gun Gloves" are good. I used the standard weight in 30 degree weather no problem. They make a winter pair also.

Also "cadet" size golf gloves work for people like me who have the fingertips too long on the standard sizes.

www.thegunglove.com

They have a chart that you can print out and size your hand up. I tried it and perfect fit on the first try. And I never buy any type of clothing online cause of the chance of a wrong fit/size

11. trapshootertoo

trapshootertoo Member

check out mechanic gloves. They work for me. $20 at wal-mart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.