1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting gloves for Trap and when/

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Just wondering if and when shooters wear gloves. I started sometime ago wearing golf gloves in summer and shooting gloves in colder weather; in an effort to help keep the blueing intact on my shotguns. Oil in the skin and it's effect of causing rust. I do find it a bit of a problem closing the action on my 1100 wearing gloves. So how many ewear them and why?

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I wear a pair of Gun gloves all the time. Helps keep a better grip on the gun and keeps sweat from getting on it also. There really isn't any cold weather here in Florida so that's not an issue also no issue with opening or closing my o/u.

Eric

3. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

I wear gloves summer and winter. In September dove season opens and the first few shots with my field gun feels strange.........Roger

4. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Always! It protects for sweating hands and cold temps. However I see MANY people shooting the wrong gloves. Pick out a glove that is very light weight, hugs your hand well to give you good feel, and cut the shooting finger tip out so there is skin contact with the trigger. Always shoot the same glove!!!! Not a summer and winter one.

GS

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

All the time here also

6. medic23

medic23 Member

I've used either the Browning or Bob Allen mesh gloves for years. They kept the sweat/oil from rubbing off my hands in the 90+ degree summer heat of Livermore,CA and now they keep the Alaskan winds from freezing my fingers up here in Bellingham,WA! Midalake is right about getting a light weight glove that has good feel as you want good trigger contact as well as being able to handle your shells without fumbling them! Ben

7. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Golf gloves year round. Keeps my acid sweat off the gun and helps purchase in wet conditions.

8. Patsplace

Patsplace TS Member

I wear gloves all the time, summer and winter and I've found that the gun feels strange without them. Shot a round of doubles without them the other day and found that the barrels get pretty warm and hadn't noticed that before, 'cause I've always had my gloves on.

I like 'em.

Pat Patrick

9. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Only on really cold winter days. I have a pair of insulated leather gloves from Cabela's. I prefer bare hands, as I don't have a problem with sweaty hands. Bill Malcolm

10. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

I wear Franklin Batting gloves year round for all the shotgun games, including hunting over my setters. As one of the other posters said, "I feel neked with out them on." Batting gloves fit nice and tight and are much more durable than all of the shooting gloves I have tried.
    Head Down and Keep Swinging Wayne

11. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I wear golf gloves on both hands all year long. Sunday, January 20th, it was 8 degrees when we started shooting our first round of trap here in northeast Ohio. Good quality golf gloves are thin enough to retain the feel in your trigger finger and are generally cheaper than shooting gloves. If you're thinking of trying this, you'll have to buy a right hand golf glove (which actually is made for a left handed golfer). Keep in mind when you buy, the glove should be a little tight as the leather will stretch. Try it, you may like it.
    Darrell

12. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Go to a public golf course and buy gloves for $7. Go to the gun club and buy the same gloves for $15.00. Now go to the private airport and buy the same gloves for $30. Seriously, Frank Little told me years ago, "gloves are mental, if you wear them and you loose 1 or forget them, it's just something else to worry about" I agree until winter.

13. KS user

KS user TS Member

Winter only for me.I like to feel the gun. Brandon

14. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Brian, Click on the link above. They might be able to help you. Good luck. Bill Malcolm

15. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

I always wear gloves when shooting trap. I don't know what the actual ph is, but I would swear that my sweat is closely akin to battery acid. Corrodes everthing that it touches. Although I clean my gun religeously immediately after I finish shooting for the day, I still like the idea of keeping the sweat off of it as much as possible. I have been using Bob Allen woven cloth gloves for some time now,mainly because they are extremely light and allow a good "feel" of the forearm gun and trigger. However,I was interested in the content of the posts above regarding baseball gloves. I have looked at some of these severall times at Dick's and Wally World, wondering how they would work and feel and shooting gloves.I like the cloth ones because they are light and washable, but I may try a pair of the leather baseball gloves, just to see how well I like them. Thanks all, for the helpful information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

leather trap shooting gkoves

leather trap shooting gloves

trapshooting gloves

winter trap shooting gloves trigger finger