1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shooting glove with palm swell ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shoottilithurts, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts Member

who makes a shooting glove with a palm swell? thanks, milt luther

2. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

I dunno, but I've done it myself. Just turn the glove inside-out and build up moleskin in layers.

3. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Milt,
    These gloves are currently made by " GRIPSWELL". Their website is www.gripswell.com.....I purchased mine form MPC Sports. Others carry these gloves, but you need to be sure size. I usually take a large size, but when I tried several pairs, I needed an XL. Might be cut a size larger due to padding in palm. But I use mine for couple of guns, work well.
    Good luck...........Rob G.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I've seen baseball gloves with this feature, so you may be able to get them at a local sporting goods store.

5. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

Milt,

We carry the GripSwell gloves on our website. They are a great glove and include the palm swell.

The side by side gloves which are the GS-12 series gloves also have the leather pad on the opposite glove as well to help with the heat built up if you lay any fingers on the barrel at the end of the forearm or if your forearm release is not recessed enough, the leather on the palm helps.

Take a look,

Thanks
    Cory

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Trek Moby gloves with gel - are cheaper- and wear much longer than any shooting glove

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Ok I know that this is a bit of a self serving post. Like the others here arn't.lol

For a palm swell to correctly work it needs to be a part of the stock. A palm swell should help with control of the stock under recoil. A swell in a glove will work marginally; compared to one on a gun. The down side is if you have a gun with out a palm swell it will cost you from around $100-250 to have a wood one added and re checker that side of the stock.
    Joe Goldberg

8. shootsome

shootsome Member

My experience with GripSwell gloves are:

They are expensive.
    They wear out fast.
    They do not stand behind their product. Customer service stinks.

9. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

Gene
    Please tell me where I can get the trek gloves.
    Thanks
    Glenn

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Glen go to any Bicycle shop that sells Trek Bikes--- you probably can go online and look

the regular gel gloves have some padding and the Moby have about double that

19-29 bucks is the range- I get 3=4 years out of them if I used them just for shooting and could wear them longer

Other bike gloves are available also- you might want to check other brands out

regards from Iowa

Gene

11. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

Easton baseball batting gloves. Very nice and have lightly padded palms. Found mine at Dick's.

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I use harley davidson gloves with palm and finger swell. They wear like iron.
    About $55.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gripswell gloves

gripswell vs batting gloves

palm swell gloves

palm swell shooting gloves

palmswell shooting gloves