1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting glasses.....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jlesley, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlesley

jlesley TS Member

Jun 21, 2009
    What color lenses would be recommended for shooting at clubs that shoot into the sun? Would this color also be beneficial for the glare from the snow as well, or would that be a different color? Thanks for your help...Jill P.S. still looking for used Dryfire Wall Chart if one comes up....
  2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Jill: My feeling is the question you ask would be very difficult to answer. Each person has their own preferences as to what color suits them best. The best way to come to a somewhat correct conclusion is to ask fellow shooters to allow you to look through their lenses. Then compare. I, for one, do not like a lens that darkens the sight picture. My eyes need a lot of light, so the darker lenses do not interest me. However, your eyes may be light sensitive and you might prefer a dark lens. Everyone is a little different and what works for one person might not work for another. I have a pair of lenses that are a plum or a purple color. To me they work great on sunny days. Good Luck. Ed
  3. AEP

AEP Member

May 6, 2009
    I tried the "colored" lens, pink, purple, yellow, etc. For me on overcast days I like the clear lens. On bright days I shoot with polarized light grey lens. The shooting glasses I bought was Decot. They seem to have a good selection of lens colors.

For me I found the colored lens makes everything the color of the lens. I shot with Decot pink. Through my eyes everything was pink washed. Yes the color of the target was more intense, but everything else was washed with pink.

You need to find what works for you. Try different shades and colors. We have a Decot dealer at are club so we can try different color lens when we want.

Good Luck,
  4. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Feb 10, 2008
    I have tried them all. While some different colors work just as good without a doubt the ranger CMT is by far the best in bright sunny days. They make the Orange really pop. Don't forget that everyones eyes are different and some colors work better for some than others.
  5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

May 20, 2008

Please contact me. I am a Decot Hy-Wyd Authorized Dealer. I can give you better info over the phone or email.

Matt Woodson

Ph: 270.804.5454
  6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I use Decot bronze for all light conditions. But, shooting into the sun or against snow glare, I doubt if any color would work well. Matt might know of some magic color that will work, I don't.

Pat Ireland
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

color of shooting glasses for shooting in snow