1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOOTING GLASSES

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Kevin Nelson, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Nelson

Kevin Nelson Member

I have a friend that is new to trap shooting and is wanting to get some shoointg glasses, but they have to be persription lenses. With all the knowledge on here, can someone give her some pointers. Is any particular brand better than the other. I have also heard that the lensmakers or eye doctors can position the focus point higher in the lenses and also make the focal point at about 30 yds or whereever you normally break the target at. Could some of knowlegable folks please help. Thanks

2. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Kevin, I am just getting ready to order some lenses(prescription) for my Decot shooting glasses. A suggestion I would make to your friend,would be to see an optomitrist who knows something about the shooting sports first. I can give you some names of people whom you can order Decot glasses from if you want. There are also some on the Decot web-site. Check there and read what they have posted first. If I can be of any more help, after you have done this, let me know. Good luck---Steve

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Kevin, I've had about 6 sets made by Decot.602-955-7625 They do a great job. Her optomitrist will have to make up a prescription card (including the "pd") and they can make them from that after you select lense color. they can put bifocals in the bottom of the lense as well. If you want something more sporty, check out HiDef on the net. They make a frame that holds a prescription lense behind the colored lense. If your prescription changes, you just replace the prescription lense, not all your colored lenses. These are all expensive, so plan ahead to do it right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.