1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leadhead358, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

What is a decent set of shooting glasses that come with at least 3 different lenses. I do not need rx. Thanks Tom

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Try Morgan Optical.

Eric

3. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I switch off from Ranger XL's with CMT lenses to Post 4 Optics. Both brands are great.

4. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

I looked around this spring and found the best value for the Ranger XL was at SportsVision 800-623-2880. They were cooperative, and I bought the 3 lens set including the CMT lenses. I have been very happy with the CMT. The package arrived on time and if you complete their online survey you'll get free shipping; at least that was the deal when I bought them. I choose a light orange and blue for green birds as the other two colors, but a lot has to do with your weather conditions, midwest 'high sky' etc. Consult good shooters where you shoot to get a better opinion than my choices.

You'll need to decide the lens size and ear peice length. I have an average size head, and their reccomendation fit fine.

If you choose the Ranger XL as I did, you may need to bend the (behind) ear pieces around to fit you. At first they were very tight but you can bend them to fit you comforatably.

Good luck

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I think the Ranger system from Randolph Engineering is a heckuva deal. I also dealt with Morgan Optical in Olean NY.

As popular as they are, try and borrow a set with a few lenses to see what might work for you, then jump. Lifetime warranty on the frames, a bakers' dozen of lens color choices, plus CMT.

Need something special - Wayne/Harold can mix anything else you might need.

Super folks and fair,

Jay Spitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best value in shooting glasses trapshooters

cmt lens shooting glasses