1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Montep, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montep

Montep TS Member

I want a new pair of shooting glasses. Using a cheap pair now and want to invest in a good pair., What do you reccomend?
    Monte

2. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Morgan Optical, check the thread all good

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

If you do not need correction in the lens, the Oakley M-Frames are a good choice.

Ronbo

4. skip

skip Member

I have Rangers and it's pretty easy to scratch the lens. The frames are guaranteed but not the lenses.

If they drop face down on anything but grass you'll end up with a scratch on the lens. Usually right where you look.

Apparently it's on purpose so they won't shatter. Don't know about other manufactures.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Decot, the only way to go. Been using Decot for 30+ years.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Monte...

Any of the top brands, Randolph Ranger, Post4, Decot etc... are fine, but like anything else your experience will be more defined by the vendor you use to purchase and/or fit an Rx.

I will tell you that to maximize eye protection, try and stay with polycarbonate lenses - standard plano lenses that come with most sets. If you have lenses made in Rx, while CR39 plastic is optically better, it pales in eye protection.

Personally... I have a set of basic Rangers with 1/2 dozen plano colored lenses, bought through Morgan Optical in NY by Mail Order - their price was in my budget with absolutely no regrets in 5 years.

Good hunting,

Jay

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

try try try, as many as you can

8. Duck

Duck Member

Talk with Tom Donahue, he was a great deal of help to me.

9. Bob A

Bob A TS Member

I've had Decot Internationals for about 10 years and the only reason I've had to mail order new lenses was when my Rx changed. Started wearing contacts a few years ago and now use the plano lenses with no scratching problem.

About six months ago I broke the nosepieces off the frames and called Decot, they asked me to send the old frame back with a pair of lenses so they could guarantee fit and they had them (with a new frame) back to me within a week.

I've always gone through their main office in Phoenix and the service has been great. 800-528-1901.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.