1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by need to shoot more, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Brian,it depends on your shooting habits, night shooting a yellow tint is needed
    daytime a red or purple lens is needed, all depending upon back ground,color of birds, sporting clays- in the woods? etc three sets of lenses is norm,two minimal.

2. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

I have two pair, one with, one without bifocals, both prescription...

Could never get use to the lens with bifocals, but your mileage may vary........

3. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

I have a Post 4 frame, had Mike make me 3 sets of his HD lenses in Bi-focal---I could not see the relationship of the beads without the bi-focals, I need the beads to check my gun mount, besides feel----also if you want to check your chamber between shots you'll need the bi-focal---Phil

4. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

I selected the Ranger XLW, with a single vision prescription insert. The glasses have three different colors; medium purple, orange, and vermillion (my favorite).

I opted not to have bi-focals or variable lenses in the insert. There are too many distractions in those types of lenses. My optometrist specifically set the prescription so I have clear vision from 30" to infinity.

I bought mine from Texas Shooters Optical. Outstanding service. I had my glasses exactly one week after I ordered them. Tom Donahue is a real professional and superb to work with.

Best,
    Dennis

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I have shot with glasses for over 30 years. My correction got to 5+ in both eyes. I like the Randolph clip on concept, it was cheaper over time and they have a special lense that will not work with corrective lenses of over +2 but work well as clip-ons. The problem is weight. Personal preference, governs the snap in frame suppliers. I have used Decot for years, I also own Post 4s. Color is a matter of what works with YOUR eyes. Go to a big shoot, someone will have numerous sample lenses to see what works for you. I think bi focals are also a personal choice.

6. Duck

Duck Member

pendennis,

Thank's for the link to Tom + Texas Shooters Optical. Like you I choose the Ranger XLW with the prescription insert. Your comment's about Tom are spot on!, genuine pleasure to Talk and Work with!.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.