1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nailer123, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

What is the best glasses . I have a pair of brownings and i keep seeing the nose bridge .

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

get a model with an adjustable nose bridge. I had the same problem and I got the Decot International style glasses and they are great for me but i understand that Ranger makes a model with three sets of lens that has an adjustable nose bridge. A guy named Tom Hoppe sells them and somebody on here will have his information. Tom is a nice fella and as far as I know a great guy to do business with. Either way you can't go wrong. Jeff

3. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Jeff what is the price on the glasses.

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I am not sure friend! I paid 150 for my first set and 200 for my next set but they had 8 sets of lens as well. I think the Randolph Rangers are less then 150.00 but you would have to talk to Tom or some other dealer about that. I tried the Randolph rangers and found them more comfortable then my Decots but I already had ther Decots and a dozen or so sets of lens so i am sticking with the Decots. You can get both kinds on E-bay used and generally they are in good shape as most guys only wear them for shooting. I wear my Decots when driving with light traget Orange lens( Yes I look like a dork!) but man do they make the road brighter as night is coming on( Dusk) Jeff

5. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

We sell and use Randolph glasses and I personally use the Ranger XLW's. I prefer the wrap around lens that the XLW offers, but my mother prefers the Ranger XL.

Go to our website and check out our Randolph lineup. If you decide you want a pair, do not forget the CMT lenses. The CMT lenses help brightn the orange targets on sunny days.

Take a peek and thanks for looking.

Cory Kreith
    Windy City Shooting Sports

6. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Windycity i can't open that web site

7. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

I must be having issues today.

The web address is www.windycityshooting.com if you need to cut and paste.

Thanks again,

Cory Kreith

8. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

I recently went from the Ranger XL frame to an Allan Lehman frame. The XL frame had too much space between the lens and did not sit high enough. The Lehman frame cured that problem, i.e., the lens are closer together and sit higher. They also have a lot of wrap which the XL's didn't.

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Decot, I've had the same frames for 20 years. I just upgrade the lenses every two years. I wouldn't buy anything else.

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Boyt/Bob Allen came out with a private labeled set with an adjustable nose bridge, includes 3-pair lenses $140 retail.

Jay

11. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Jay...here is the web site for the Bob Allen glasses. The 6 base curve is the same frame as the Ranger XL. They also have the 8 base curve.

I do all of Boyt/Bob Allens prescription lenses and do not recommend the 8 base curve for Rx. The more curve the thicker the lenses get on the outside edge. Most all prescriptions make the lenses too thick for the frame cleat, making changing lenses an issue and the lens staying on the frame while shooting. Plasic or Trivex would help with this problem, but only polycarb is truly safe at protecting your eyes around shotguns. I also recommend the ZiessAR anti-reflective gas treatment to clear the poly and it hardens both sides of the lens making it not only more scatch resistant, but cleans easier.

There are very few glasses frame makers in the optical industry, but many marketing entities. The same frame can be sold under 10 or more different names. If you do not like the Rangers, don't expect to like the BA's. The logo seems to be the only difference.

Maltzie
    http://www.cleartargetoptics.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

changing lens in allen shooting glasses

maltzahn shooting glasses

maltzie shooting glasses

windy city shooting sports glasses