1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shubble72, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Looking for a good set of shooting glasses for shooting in the sun and also under the lights. What is the best for orange dome targets?

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Mash on the link, It should give you some help.

Jim

3. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

The best set is one with removable lenses, since there is no one color that will work for both..........

4. kolar kda

kolar kda TS Member

i shot in randolph rangers and i loved them, couldnt be happier with them. my grandfather heard me talking about how great they were so he went and got a pair with i think 5 different color perscription lenes, but i think his were decot, but he also loves them. a good set that has changeable lenses is key

5. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

What colors do you prefer and anyone got any for sale?

6. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

There is a pair of Decot on Ebay.

Item number: 140222793451

Rgds

7. burgy

burgy TS Member

I have a set of Randolph Ranger XLW with three different colored lenses for sale. CMT, purple and yellow. $175 or any reasonable offer.

8. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Please email me at thomasahoppe@ netzero.com

I have a set of Post4's and a set of Rangers that I'll sell if your interested
    ...............Tom

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Bob Allen is offering glasses in their latest catalogue. Similar to a Ranger frame with adjustable nose bridge for $140/3 color lens set - Yellow Vermillion and Bronze, can get orange and purple also.

Yellows, reds, oranges and purples will mute blues to accentuate red/orange.

10. vector1

vector1 TS Member

i used a set of yellow tinted zeiss shooting day & night both. worked good. no longer shooting now so if you want to buy them they are available. also have rose/red, clear, if you want. just preferred the yellow, especially at night. mj-brooksathotmaildotcom

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Decot: vermillion (sun) & clear for night.

12. IM390

IM390 Member

According to my optimologist, who just finihed a three year study at some university said amber will give you the best contrast for reducing glare while shooting. And if you are interested in protecting your healthy eyes as well, be sure to have polarizing lenses in your glasses as well.

13. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I think Decot and Ranger are not bullet/ballistic glass. I would find something that can withstand some sort of impact. Hydefspecs are expensive but have ballistic glass. Many counts of guns blowing up and shot raining down in the woods, more safety wouldn't hurt. Dave T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.